7 player from the Q invites to U20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Well, in my opinion Letang is big name too... maybe not as big ;)
Brassard was expected, Imo. Wathcing him at ReMax with Latendress and was impressed with their chemistry.

Spooky371*

Nop. But I think he dont have a great season this year. But I'm not sure.

I would like to see Aubin there, but anyway.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Spooky371 said:
I would like to see Aubin there, but anyway.

Many guys could have been invited ahead of Mathieu Aubin. Bourret is one of them, and he didn't even get an invite. So there's nothing to complain about there.

Spooky371*

I dont say he deserve a spot but I would like to see him play with Team Canada. I would like to see my grandfather play with U20 as well too. :yo:

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I don't really understand the article as its in French but I didn't think the selection camp roster was going to be named until Monday :dunno:

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
My French 11 was several years ago, but from what I can gather the first bit loosely translated reads:

TSN has learned that 7 player from the QMJHL are being invited to the final camp of the Canada junior team occurring from December 11th to 16th at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver.

They all will be confirmed Monday at joint press conferences held in the cities of Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.

Or something like that. Then it lists Latendresse, Esposito, Brassard, Bourdon, Vlasic, Letang, and Ellis as the guys who will be named. The only guy I'm surprised about is Esposito, but I guess he really is that good as a 16 year old already. I'm also somewhat surprised that BOTH Vlasic and Letang are there, as that probably means one of Funk or Rogers won't be invited, who I thought were going to be.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Andrew_11 said:
I don't really understand the article as its in French but I didn't think the selection camp roster was going to be named until Monday :dunno:

It's a RDS "scoop".

Outside Ellis(19) and esposito(16) every invited players from the Q are 18 years old!

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
RDS a appris que sept joueurs de la Ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec ont été invités au camp final d'Équipe Canada junior qui se déroulera du 11 au 16 décembre prochains au Pacific Coliseum de Vancouver.

RDS have learned that 7 players from the Q have been invited to the final WJC Canada team camp which will take place at the Vancouver Pacific Coliseum between the 11 and 16 of december.

Le tout sera confirmé lundi lors d'une conférence de presse conjointe dans les villes de Vancouver, Toronto et Montréal.

This will be confirmed on monday when a mutual-conference will be held in the cities of Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto simultanously.

Parmi eux, on retrouve l'attaquant des Voltigeurs de Drummondville Guillaume Latendresse et celui des Remparts de Québec Angelo Esposito.

Latendresse from les Voltigeurs de Drummondville and Esposito from les remparts de Québec are among the 7 guys.

Latendresse a été un choix de deuxième ronde du Canadien au dernier repêchage. Il a tellement été brillant au camp d'entraînement du Tricolore qu'il a été l'un des derniers joueurs retranchés.

Latendresse have been a 2nd round pick of the Montreal Canadiens at the last nhl draft. He's been so good at the Canadiens camp that he was one of the very last cuts on the big club.

Pour ce qui est d'Esposito, il s'agit d'une permission spéciale dans son cas, lui qui n'est âgé que de 16 ans. Avant les rencontres de dimanche, Esposito était le meilleur pointeur de la LHJMQ disponible pour ÉCJ, lui qui occupe le quatrième rang du circuit à ce chapitre. Les deux premiers sont des Européens (Stanislav Lascek et Alexander Radulov), tandis que le troisième (Maxime Boiclair) est âgé de 20 ans.

As for Esposito, it's a special pass for him as he's only 16 years old. Before the sunday's games, he was the leaders in points (of all WJC eligibles) in the Q, he's 4th in all the league also. The first 2 guys been Lascek and Radulov (both europeans) and Maxime Boiclair 3rd at the age of 20.

Un seul autre attaquant du circuit Courteau a été invité. Il s'agit du coéquipier de Latendresse à Drummondville, Derick Brassard.

Only 1 other forward have been invited, Derick Brassard who is a teammate of Lantendresse in Drummondville.

En défensive, les heureux élus sont Luc Bourdon (Val-d'Or), Kristopher Letang (Val-d'Or) et Marc-Édouard Vlasic (Québec).

At defense, the lucky invitees are Bourdon (val-D'or), Kristopher Letang (Val D'Or) and Marc-Édouard Vlasic (Québec).

Devant le filet, seul le gardien des Cataractes de Shawinigan, Julien Ellis, a reçu sa carte d'invitation.

Between the pipes, Julien Ellis have been the only invitee of the Q for this edition.

Parmi les sept joueurs invités, seul Ellis, qui est âgé de 19 ans, en est à sa dernière année d'admissibilité au programme. Tous les autres, à l'exception d'Esposito, sont âgés de 18 ans.

From this 7 players group, Ellis is the only 19 years old player (last year for him at WJC). The others all have 18 years old except for Esposito.

Le prochain championnat mondial de hockey junior se déroulera à Vancouver du 26 décembre au 5 janvier prochains.

The next WJ championship will be held in Vancouver from the 26 december to the 5 january.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
why is this list released so soon? Also are the WHL or OHL lists leaking out? Im pretty excited to find out about a few guys, mainly Setoguchi. Im really excited that Letang got the invite, I took him late in my hockey pool draft and its paying off.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Eb0la11 said:
why is this list released so soon? Also are the WHL or OHL lists leaking out? Im pretty excited to find out about a few guys, mainly Setoguchi. Im really excited that Letang got the invite, I took him late in my hockey pool draft and its paying off.

It is speculation....people dont get calls till tomorrow if they are invited to camp or no calls if they arent.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
It is speculation....people dont get calls till tomorrow if they are invited to camp or no calls if they arent.
Is it just speculation? The article says something like "RDS has learned..." making it sound as though something was leaked somehow. I thought it was really odd, but it does sound like RDS knows for sure, or thinks they know for sure at least, who is being invited from the Q.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Greg7 said:
Is it just speculation? The article says something like "RDS has learned..." making it sound as though something was leaked somehow. I thought it was really odd, but it does sound like RDS knows for sure, or thinks they know for sure at least, who is being invited from the Q.

Its no surprise information from press releases/conferences get leaked early from an inside source. It's fairly common.

What I find surprising is that TSN hasn't put anything up on their site about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad