GDT: [#7] Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Spezza . He was looking pretty good so nice he scores. Great shot by Heiskanen too.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Another season of .500 hockey, missing the playoffs, and getting the 10th-14th selection. Rinse and repeat.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Janmark and Lindell look like they've regressed through the first couple weeks of the season. I'm also not sure why we brought in Comeau. He adds nothing that someone younger and already in the system couldn't add. This team needs scoring so Nill brings in another bottom six winger when we have an entire roster of 3rd line tweeners.

I guess I'm back to posting on this board. The other board has been dead for a while.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What kind of defense was that by Klingberg ? THe f*** man ?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My god, those breakouts and zone entries after pulling Bishop were f***ing awful. Klingberg and Benn both threw the puck away to Wild players.

This team sucks.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Lindell is being victimized like Trevor Daley used to be. Always staring at the puck while being in the poorest position imaginable. He's clearly either exhausted, sick, or just in over his head constantly.

Hintz can't keep up with Benn & Seguin playing at full tilt.

Spezza has been playing well.

Just a lot of nothing from everyone else. B level effort, but Dubnyk is standing on his head. Can't beat a slow, average Minnesota team. Can barely hold onto the puck or win a battle. Cool, dunno what the problem is at this point.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
3-1

I can't wait for our 12th overall pick at next years draft and the continued mediocrity of this franchise. Maybe our next GM will get the team another top six winger that we've needed for three seasons now.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Janmark and Lindell look like they've regressed through the first couple weeks of the season. I'm also not sure why we brought in Comeau. He adds nothing that someone younger and already in the system couldn't add. This team needs scoring so Nill brings in another bottom six winger when we have an entire roster of 3rd line tweeners.

I guess I'm back to posting on this board. The other board has been dead for a while.

Can we stop with this narrative? NO ONE IN THE SYSTEM IS THAT GOOD

Elie, Dickinson, Ritchie, Smith, Hintz, Shore, Gurianov, Caamano, Tufte, Mascherin

They are all fringe players.. none can create any offense, none can do anything that good with the puck.. they are all 4th line NHLers.

Everyone always says.. why not use our young players! We have Smith, Dickinson, Hintz, Heiskanen, Honka, Ritchie, Shore, Janmark in the line.. they just arent good.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
3-1

I can't wait for our 12th overall pick at next years draft and the continued mediocrity of this franchise. Maybe our next GM will get the team another top six winger that we've needed for three seasons now.

Don’t forget that the pick will be a reach, but our scouting staff gets complemented by other scouts so it’s a win in their eyes.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008

Elie, Dickinson, Ritchie, Smith, Hintz, Shore, Gurianov, Caamano, Tufte, Mascherin

They are all fringe players.. none can create any offense, none can do anything that good with the puck.. they are all 4th line NHLers.

Everyone always says.. why not use our young players! We have Smith, Dickinson, Hintz, Heiskanen, Honka, Ritchie, Shore, Janmark in the line.. they just arent good.

You just described Comeau.

I think I would have saved the 2 million a season he's receiving and used it on something we don't already have about 10 of, which is another fringe top 9 guy.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
At the end of the day it all comes down to the piss poor drafting from Nill and McDonell. Larkin and Connor/Barzal would make a nice second line.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I'm also not just piling on Comeau. He's a fine player that every team has but I just don't understand why our GM went out and brought him in when the team has pressing needs. Comeau is probably better than guys like Ritchie, Smith, Dickinson, and Hintz but he doesn't do anything that they can't. If all those guys are a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-10 then Comeau is a 6. It was just a signing that made no sense.

Similar to Hanzal last year. Hanzal is a 3rd line center. We already had a better and younger version of Hanzal on the roster, plus about 2-3 other guys who can play in the middle on the 3rd line. Nill has some obsession with bringing in third line guys when we have an entire roster of bottom six guys.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Heiskanen isn't good to you?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm also not just piling on Comeau. He's a fine player that every team has but I just don't understand why our GM went out and brought him in when the team has pressing needs. Comeau is probably better than guys like Ritchie, Smith, Dickinson, and Hintz but he doesn't do anything that they can't. If all those guys are a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-10 then Comeau is a 6. It was just a signing that made no sense.

Similar to Hanzal last year. Hanzal is a 3rd line center. We already had a better and younger version of Hanzal on the roster, plus about 2-3 other guys who can play in the middle on the 3rd line. Nill has some obsession with bringing in third line guys when we have an entire roster of bottom six guys.
Comeau deserves to be piled on because he is straight up garbage, he is where puck movement and any kind of common sense in the offensive zone goes to die, similar to Janmark, Spezza and the rest of our scrubs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad