GDT: [#7] Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Not sure what to expect, the Wild have confused me for years.

I think Nino Niederreiter likes to play against the Stars if memory serves and he hasn't scored yet, so I expect one from him. Will Eric Staal still party like it's 2008?

I'm also gonna go with Heisky getting his first cause it's Starbucks Friday and I'm feeling good.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hope he gets his first cause I'll be at the game, but at this point I'm not even getting my hopes up for point #2 unless he is with Benn/Seguin and co. Depth is so awful so hopefully we see some depth scoring.

This could be a huge dominant win, or it could be like a lot of our games with the Wild where it is so close and goes to OT. I hope it's a high scoring one

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

I guess I'm surprised Honka is in over Carrick.

That second line though, wow. It's a shame the 2-4 lines have to be juggled so much because nothing works. It would also be nice to have a healthy Nichushkin. Hard to know what the Stars have when he can't get in the lineup.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Monty must see something in Janmark he doesn't like to demote him to third line. Not sure what. Shore on 2 line is okay. After all, he is only depth forward with a goal......

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Monty must see something in Janmark he doesn't like to demote him to third line. Not sure what. Shore on 2 line is okay. After all, he is only depth forward with a goal......

I've seen something I don't like in Janmark too. He's been a turnover machine and skates fast but then does nothing with the puck. He just needs to throw it to the front of the net no matter what at this point so he stops losing it behind it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Thank god for Hintz on the top-line instead of Comeau. Sucks about Radulov, though. There goes 1/3 of our scoring.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This will be the first time in quite a while that a young Stars forward has had a chance like this in his rookie year. This is what we wanted from Monty.

Sucks Radulov is injured though but if Hintz does good up on the top line that could be huge for us

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1) Janmark hasnt been good
2) Nichushkin has been a bandaid to start this season. What the hell is wrong with him
3) Losing Radulov hurts. He brings a lot of necessary energy.
4) Heiskanen will never score

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Polak has been fine, I dont think he deserves much negative criticism. With his limited minutes he brings us what we need, some size and PK ability on the backend.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Janmark's been channeling his inner Tom Wandell. But he's so much better than Wandell. I don't have a problem with Janmark on the 3rd line, it's not a demotion, it's putting him with two quicker guys with comparable hands.

I'm just more angry that we're wasting time trying to get Shore and Pitlick to be the Heatley and Alfredsson for Spezza. If they can do it, great, but I don't think they're the right guys for the job. I would be overjoyed to see Nill go out and get ONE actual top 6 forward using the carousel.

But this might just be another case of him wanting to hoard assets for the oncoming expansion draft.

Anyway, the lineup is about as good as it's gonna get until one of the revolving 'needs to produce' class gets their legs and gets their shit together when it matters.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Polak has been fine, I dont think he deserves much negative criticism. With his limited minutes he brings us what we need, some size and PK ability on the backend.

We definitely need his size and physicality with Johns out. Also his shot blocking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad