7 game home stand

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
They're capable of winning or losing against all of them.

Let me first know who management is going to put on the roster and in the lineup before I decide how I feel about our chances.

The main thing that would worry me is the decision making shown by the coach so far.

Botts is the one keeping CJ out of the lineup so Pimminvile and Elie can get their important minutes. Both Phil and JB seem to be actively holding the team back.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Botts is the one keeping CJ out of the lineup so Pimminvile and Elie can get their important minutes. Both Phil and JB seem to be actively holding the team back.

It's clearly their development strategy. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen but one thing seems sure. They're okay with sacrificing (SoboTaging?:laugh:) their chances this season by not fielding their best lineups.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
But then again Mitts and Tage were thrust into those roles right from the start of the season. Lack of consistency so who knows what their development strategy is. :dunno:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It's clearly their development strategy. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen but one thing seems sure. They're okay with sacrificing (SoboTaging?:laugh:) their chances this season by not fielding their best lineups.

Agreed. They’ve been pretty consistent in that regard all season - I don’t think they were aiming for playoffs yet. The winning streak really put pressure on Botts though, and I think he should’ve altered course a bit.

Reactions: oldgoalie

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Focusing on Sobotka specifically--the guy hasn't scored a goal in 30+ games and commits multiple bad turnovers per night. But, based on Botts' inaction, I guess he thinks that's better than having Girgs or Sam take a try at center and keeping CJ up as a 4th line wing.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Scandella still in the lineup is a gut punch to my optimism for the playoffs and Housley knowing what the hell he's doing.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Can't even win more than lose in 7 straight home games...playoffs aren't even in the realm of possibility because they can't even win 2 in a row.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
"We are playing well we are just not getting the results. We just have to continue doing what we are doing!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad