7 game home stand

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Of the remaining 32 games, 18 will be at home and 14 will be away. This bodes well for us, because we have a good 14-6-3 record at home (compared to 11-13-3 away).

7 of the 18 home games are next on the schedule

Blackhawks
Wild
Hurricanes
Red Wings
Jets
Islanders
Rangers

We have to take advantage of this stretch here and get at least 10-12 points.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You should turn this thread into a month prediction thread since every month we have one. Next game is in February.

Reactions: jc17

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
On paper, there are only two matches up that should be difficult - islanders and the jets. Every other game should be easily winnable....on paper.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I expect this stretch to be the nail in the coffin for realistic playoff hopes.

Because anytbing less than 5-2is a disaster

Im expecting a 3-3-1 showing.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm gonna say we go 2-4-1 and are out of the playoffs at the deadline, giving JB another excuse to continue doing nothing to improve the team

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Without Injuries; I could see this homestand going from 1-6-0 to 3-2-2.

Blackhawks - Kane at Buffalo always gets up for these games. I expect the same to happen. Loss

Wild - This is one of my "flexible" games where anything can happen. Minnesota can come out and just put the vice on Buffalo, or Buffalo has an easier path. Loss

Hurricanes - Always play us hard, though the last meeting saw a lot of unfortunate bounces you normally see within a week's worth of games not in a single game. This game can come down to that as well. Loss

Red Wings - Another one of my flexible games. A team that anything can happen. Will be a close game, secondary scoring will be important here. Win

Jets - Team is just a machine. I don't like our chances against them. Loss

Islanders - Once a team where it used to be "that's a gimmie" or "I like our chances" has quickly gone the other way. I love the speed of their pace, and Barzal is proving to be one of the most impactful players in the NHL, and always shows up vs us. Loss (OT)

Rangers - Not sure what we will see with NYR. I could see this being a victory. Win

2-4-1 is my prediction

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Without Injuries; I could see this homestand going from 1-6-0 to 3-2-2.

Blackhawks - Kane at Buffalo always gets up for these games. I expect the same to happen. Loss

Wild - This is one of my "flexible" games where anything can happen. Minnesota can come out and just put the vice on Buffalo, or Buffalo has an easier path. Loss

Hurricanes - Always play us hard, though the last meeting saw a lot of unfortunate bounces you normally see within a week's worth of games not in a single game. This game can come down to that as well. Loss

Red Wings - Another one of my flexible games. A team that anything can happen. Will be a close game, secondary scoring will be important here. Win

Jets - Team is just a machine. I don't like our chances against them. Loss

Islanders - Once a team where it used to be "that's a gimmie" or "I like our chances" has quickly gone the other way. I love the speed of their pace, and Barzal is proving to be one of the most impactful players in the NHL, and always shows up vs us. Loss (OT)

Rangers - Not sure what we will see with NYR. I could see this being a victory. Win

2-4-1 is my prediction
If this happens, we're literally one of the worst teams in the league. I may be a pessimist, but this also wouldn't shock me with how we're playing.

I wonder what our record is with our top line as Skinner Eichel Reinhart ... I bet not good.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If this happens, we're literally one of the worst teams in the league. I may be a pessimist, but this also wouldn't shock me with how we're playing.

I wonder what our record is with our top line as Skinner Eichel Reinhart ... I bet not good.

It's the lack of any consistency of what you expect out of the team that has me so pessimistic about this team. You COULD get a team that is up for the competition, with the goaltending stealing the game, and secondary scoring players buzzing, and the next period/shift/game you get complete garbage. The record at this point doesn't mean that much to me since it appears Botts is more interested the development of the team in learning positive habits and other traits that good teams have. There's been nothing about this team that shows me that they have improved in that regard. Every game, we're wondering which team is coming out. What is our identity for this game? A lot of teams go through these learning moments.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
If my math is correct, applying the same win % (home and away) to the remaining games and we would receive 34 more points from wins alone. Add that to our current point total and we would finish the season with 90 points. Do you think that is enough for a playoff spot?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If my math is correct, applying the same win % (home and away) to the remaining games and we would receive 34 more points from wins alone. Add that to our current point total and we would finish the season with 90 points. Do you think that is enough for a playoff spot?
Not this season, the bottom teams in the east's picture are pacing for almost 100.

If we can increase that pace to 96, I would have to hope that somebody in front of us goes cold enough that that would be enough.

The issue is that the season is really just a lightning strike sandwiching a ~75 point team. They need to fundamentally change the team they've been for two months now to even be in the conversation longer than February

Reactions: sabremike

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

We have a Win % of .500, there are 32 more games, so we would be looking at 32 points in wins if we kept that up, which would put us @ 88 points

We have a Point % of .560. We would be at 91-92 points if we played at that pace. I doubt that is enough to get us a Wild Card spot.

A lot of that Win% is due to our win streak. The season minus the win streak, we would be @ .380 win % and .450 point %. If we continued those paces we would be looking at:
Win% 37 wins to end the year
Point% 85 points to end the year

But anything can happen. Buffalo could go on great winning streak, they could go on a large losing streak, or they can stay @ .500 for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I can’t imagine us making the playoffs...there are too many issues with the mid 6, and with management. I’d put chances at about 5% - 10% tops

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
They're capable of winning or losing against all of them.

Let me first know who management is going to put on the roster and in the lineup before I decide how I feel about our chances.

The main thing that would worry me is the decision making shown by the coach so far.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
This thread needs an optimist, I'm picking them to beat everyone except the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->