GDT: #7 | Edmonton Oilers @ New York Islanders | Oct 17th | 7PM | F/W 3-2

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
The guy doesn't want to win for some reason.

Oh he wants to win, in fact he needs to win. Just doesn't have a clue.

He is showing some desperation, jumling lines splitting Molson from tavares etc. Still unwilling to risk his job playing inexperienced players, he is going to go out with his underperforming vets, hoping they turn it around.

When I hear a coach say things like, the team played well, played hard.....after blowing leads and losing games... its pure spin. That's the stuff you hear from a coach win he has already been told that the team needs to respond and that he is on the hot seat. It almost never ends well for the coach.

Yitz

May 9, 2009
Oh he wants to win, in fact he needs to win. Just doesn't have a clue.

He is showing some desperation, jumling lines splitting Molson from tavares etc. Still unwilling to risk his job playing inexperienced players, he is going to go out with his underperforming vets, hoping they turn it around.

When I hear a coach say things like, the team played well, played hard.....after blowing leads and losing games... its pure spin. That's the stuff you hear from a coach win he has already been told that the team needs to respond and that he is on the hot seat. It almost never ends well for the coach.

it's been apparent for a while now that this team only succeeds in spite of capuano, never because of him. replacing him with someone who can get this team fired up and inspired would go a long way in making this group take the next step.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
I grew up hating Goring, Gillies, Trottier, Bossy, Potvin and obviously Smith. Looking forward to seeing these 2 jerseys going head to head again. Unfortunately I’m not looking forward to watching the players in my teams jersey right now…

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
it's been apparent for a while now that this team only succeeds in spite of capuano, never because of him. replacing him with someone who can get this team fired up and inspired would go a long way in making this group take the next step.

It is a shame that the isles would have to crash and burn before Cappy was replaced.

I want him and Pellerin both gone.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Will Smyth get booed, cheered, or neither?

Booed, although if he had stayed we probably don't commit to a rebuild and land Tavares so it seems to have worked out for now...

I don't think Smyth would have been the difference for a cup and I don't think at the time he was a player that could land other ufa's to get here..

bvon44

Jul 3, 2006
Long Island
Requested Avatars

cizikas_zps76453291.jpg

hamonic_zpse38b9c2d.jpg

martin_zps12197841.jpg

okposo_zpsd63af9cc.jpg

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Sports-jn-Regina-NHL-Oilers-Islanders-jerseys-Dec7-2011.jpg

Beauties.

I expect the Isles will take this easily. GG Isles fans.

I've watched a few Oilers games lately.

Gordon has actually played really well this season and seems to be perfect for the Oilers. Arcobello is gonna be a real solid player too. He led the Barons in points last year.

The Oilers have a pretty solid team despite their record. The only issue with the Oilers has been goaltending. Dubnyk is absolutely awful, and they can't get further along with LaBarbera as their #1.

BTW, this GDT is amazing.

Also to comment on this: You're spot on. Only thing is the defence allows the opposition to walk in too easily as well. If we had a decent tender to bail them out it would be no problem. N00bnyk and LOLbarbera though....

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
I hope Donovan is playing, it's not like you need Carkner's size for all the teenage girls on the Oilers.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Looked at the ticket availability for tonight. Looks like less then 50% full. That's just brutal. I hope this changes when we move to Brooklyn.

I hope they find the motivation to not take this Oilers team lightly. They have tons of raw talent which on any given night can gel. So far this season, it hasn't happened and I wouldn't want the Isles to be the first victim. On the other hand, we should be able to score at least 4 goals on this team tonight. It would be a great accomplishment if we do that and hold the Oilers to 2 goals or less.

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
Looked at the ticket availability for tonight. Looks like less then 50% full. That's just brutal. I hope this changes when we move to Brooklyn.

I hope they find the motivation to not take this Oilers team lightly. They have tons of raw talent which on any given night can gel. So far this season, it hasn't happened and I wouldn't want the Isles to be the first victim. On the other hand, we should be able to score at least 4 goals on this team tonight. It would be a great accomplishment if we do that and hold the Oilers to 2 goals or less.

I think that's exaggerating a bit, but yeah its pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad