GDT: #7 | Edmonton Oilers @ New York Islanders | Oct 17th | 7PM | F/W 3-2

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
No doubt there, we gave them their first points of the season.
First win of the season, but the point remains - this game, much like the Buffalo game, is ripe for letdown. Nobody should be putting this one in the books, if the lowly Panthers could smoke Pittsburgh last week then a terrible Edmonton team can come into "Fort Neverlose" and clean house.

Here's hoping the Isles can do it right this time.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
agree this could be a letdown game, but with how they have been playing there shouldnt be any

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
was thinking about CBuck saying that we need to go for the jugular.

do you think he was referring to Cappy switching to a different style, once we get a lead?

i'm not a fan of that either. collapsing on a PK is one thing, but collapsing when we have a 1 or 2 goal lead just makes me want to turn the tv off.

i'm all for being a bit more conservative, once we have a lead and we're half way through the 3rd, but man, we seem to blow a lot of leads.

maybe it's the system. maybe the players aren't fully dedicated to it. i don't know.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Awesome GDT!

LOL at Gordon and Arcobello leading the team in goals and assists.

Go Isles!

I've watched a few Oilers games lately.

Gordon has actually played really well this season and seems to be perfect for the Oilers. Arcobello is gonna be a real solid player too. He led the Barons in points last year.

The Oilers have a pretty solid team despite their record. The only issue with the Oilers has been goaltending. Dubnyk is absolutely awful, and they can't get further along with LaBarbera as their #1.

BTW, this GDT is amazing.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 54m
Nabokov in goal, McDonald back in, Donovan in. Nelson, Boulton, Carkner out for #Isles.

#FreeBrock

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Great GDT. Lets win this game! I prefer OPEE CHEE!!! even though topps is owned by opee chee

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm usually not one to criticize Capuano's roster moves but I really don't understand what he's doing with Nelson.

Let the ****ing kid play.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
was thinking about CBuck saying that we need to go for the jugular.

do you think he was referring to Cappy switching to a different style, once we get a lead?

i'm not a fan of that either. collapsing on a PK is one thing, but collapsing when we have a 1 or 2 goal lead just makes me want to turn the tv off.

i'm all for being a bit more conservative, once we have a lead and we're half way through the 3rd, but man, we seem to blow a lot of leads.

maybe it's the system. maybe the players aren't fully dedicated to it. i don't know.

If you want to do that with a 2 goal lead, I'm OK. But for the last 6 minutes, rather than try and retain possession of the puck and play their normal game, they played a totally different style of hockey from what they normally do. That's a recipe for disaster. I'm not suggesting having the defensemen pinch or otherwise take unnecessary risks, but there is nothing wrong with carrying the puck a bit and retaining possession. That will kill a helluva lot more chances than just dumping it in and changing.

The tying goal was pretty fluky but the whole approach was crap. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. The Sabres might not be the Blackhawks but they're an NHL team who are capable of taking advantage of any given situation.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
19_zps6a67bf8b.jpg

thats a steal, I am going to buy at least 10 packs at that price

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
someone going to the game make #FREEBROCK signs to hang up for warmups, similar to the crosby diving ones

seriously, wtf are they doing with this kid

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 54m
Nabokov in goal, McDonald back in, Donovan in. Nelson, Boulton, Carkner out for #Isles.

#FreeBrock

TERRIBLE.

They finally started playing some bruising hockey so he takes not 1 but both of Boults and Carkner out. Strait blew the ****ing game on Tuesday. This should have been a no-brainer.

Nelson and Donovan in Boulton and Strait OUT.

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
Tons of unsold seats on Ticketmaster. Looks like another crappy weeknight crowd.

I almost feel obligated to drop everything I have to do today/tonight and purchase tickets. :shakehead

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad