GDT: #7 | Edmonton Oilers @ New York Islanders | Oct 17th | 7PM | F/W 3-2

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the compliments guys! This will be my first time at the barn since Game 3, hoping for a nice win tomorrow! Also, if anybody would like to use the card images as their avatars, I'd be glad to post them for you.

great job bvon44!

i will take a Cizikas avatar, please, and thank you. :)

and yes, we can't take ANYONE lightly. on any given night....

hope we get the PP working. gonna need speed, so would rather have Donovan in and Carkner out.

1st line of Grabs, JT, Bailey would be nice.

Last edited:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
With all the knocks Dubynk(sp) has taken this season, he held the high powered Pens to 3 goals and kept his team the game. Let's not underestimate the Oilers D or goaltending.

Labarbera was in net for that game. And he looked horrendous letting soft unscreened shots trickle through him. The score was not indicative of how the game really went, much like this past weeked for the isles
The only reason I think the isles have any chance to win is because the Edmonton netminders can't stop a beachball with a drag chute on it right now. Unfortunately the isles D is pretty terrible, and the oilers have far too much talent to not take advantage of that

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Can we please put our best players out on the ice?

Can we play to win Capuano?

That's all I ask.

Nelson better be in the lineup, he's not going to learn anything by sitting imo especially when he doesn't deserve to sit!!

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Islanders lose this one 5-2 (goal 5 comes on an empty netter).

I firmly believe Capuano needs to be on the hot seat. This is a playoff roster IMO and the guy is not getting the most out of this team.

So many correctable mistakes made on a night to night basis. If I watch one more time the opposing team enter the zone and hit a guy streaking down the MIDDLE OF OUR ZONE WIDE OPEN for a clean shot from point blank I will lose it.

We look undisciplined in a lot of areas and honestly, I couldn't even begin to tell you what our "system" is anymore. Are we a forwards don't play D and goal hang team? Cause honestly, our forwards are just floating in our zone and are just looking for a breakout before it even happens.

That being said, I just don't see the same team that hung with the Penguins in the playoffs. I see the Islanders that we all have come to know. The Islanders that "well they played well enough to be in the game." Taking moral victories instead of actual points.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Can we please put our best players out on the ice?

Can we play to win Capuano?

That's all I ask.

Nelson better be in the lineup, he's not going to learn anything by sitting imo especially when he doesn't deserve to sit!!

I'm not holding my breath on that.. Knowing cappy dipietro is brought back to start tonight.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Islanders lose this one 5-2 (goal 5 comes on an empty netter).

I firmly believe Capuano needs to be on the hot seat. This is a playoff roster IMO and the guy is not getting the most out of this team

I don't understand this. Why is Capuano getting the blame for undersized or inexperienced defensemen, the lack of a dynamic top-line winger, and a below-average netminders?

I didn't get it LAST year before the run, and I don't get it this year. Y'all should be harping on Snow and Wang for missing opportunities to improve, not the coach.

Blame Strait. Blame MacDonald. Blame Nabokov. Blame Cizikas. Blame Okposo.

Do y'all think that Strait's play was drawn up by Cappy? Or MacDonald flubbing pucks up the middle from his own corner? Or Okposo not being able to get a pass within 5 feet of intended destination? Or Nabokov's inability to stop a soft wrister from 40'? Seriously?

The state of this teams defense is like this: we're a Visnovsky or Hamonic injury away from oblivion. You can see that in the quality of the rest of our D. So, think about that before you blame the coach. I get brain cramps reading that stuff.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
I am loving this GDT, well done bvon!

I don't really know what to expect out of the Islanders. After their underwhelming start to the season and a pathetic showing against a winless Sabres team, I am tempted to hit that panic button! But for the sake of my metal health, I'll reserve judgment on this teams playoff chances until they hit the twenty game mark.

As for today's game, I predict a high scoring affair as both the Islanders and Oilers are in shambles defensively. That being said, today's game is as good as any for Tavares to snipe three past Dubnyk and get that elusive tavartrick!:yo:

I agree with what a few posters suggested. Our first line today should be:

Moulson - Tavares - Bailey

Come on Flinstone, get your head in the game!

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Awesome GDT!! Love the theme and artwork.:handclap:

My wife and I will be heading to the game tonight. Edmonton is interesting - a lot of talent but the system isn't working for them yet (sound familiar? :cry: )

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Thanks for the compliments guys! This will be my first time at the barn since Game 3, hoping for a nice win tomorrow! Also, if anybody would like to use the card images as their avatars, I'd be glad to post them for you.

Love to get Zeeks, Hammer and Matty Marts !!!

The Islanders shouldn't take a college team lightly, never mind another pro team. I agree alot of this is on the players, the only part I put on Cappy is not dressing Nelson on a permanent basis and keeping Hickey in (I know, some think he is one of our best, but I don't). If they lose again, they need to shake this up, release one of the non-performers and bring up a kid, we can't tolerate lackluster performance anymore. Drastic overreaction maybe, but something needs to be done early before we dig too big of a hole. If we are going down, go down with a chip that is gonna be here for a while and can get some experience.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

If you're predicting a loss a high scoring game would be more likely. As someone on this thread already pointed out, EDM goalies can't stop a damn thing right now.

Anyway, great GDT. You guys always excel in that department.

VT Isles Fan

Mar 24, 2010
Vermont
Awesome GDT bvon44 !!

I know we get down on our Isles, but the Oilers are an even bigger mess with no D, Yakupov getting benched and the new coach throwing players under the bus.

I'm going with the glass half full approach and saying we win this one.

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Which player would you like?

I'd like Okposo please, I feel he deserves some loyalty after his willingness to stick up for his teamates last game.

Thanks!

Edit: Although it would be nice if he could complete a pass tonight...

Last edited:

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Awesome GDT bvon44 !!

I know we get down on our Isles, but the Oilers are an even bigger mess with no D, Yakupov getting benched and the new coach throwing players under the bus.

I'm going with the glass half full approach and saying we win this one.

The Sabres were a pretty big mess too....

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Awesome GDT!

LOL at Gordon and Arcobello leading the team in goals and assists.

Go Isles!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad