GDT: [#7] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets, 6:00 PM CST (FS-SW) - All aboard the Laine welcome wagon

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Great win. Little scare in the 3rd period but it's all good let's repeat this game Thursday

Reactions: Elysian

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Oettinger certainly has some stuff to work on (being too far out & tracking the puck through traffic), but I also think Dobby has spoiled me on what to expect from a backup goalie.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I took a look at the minutes distributation and the coaching staff did a good job not to overtax anyone especially the veterans. Yeah it allowed the Jackets to scored two goals while some not so defensively solid lineups played more minutes but it made sense. Its such a compressed schedule. Can't run Pavelski 20 minutes every game especially not when you're ahead by 4 .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Makes me wonder why Monty seemed to not put Pavs net front, when that is what he has always been strong at? Even took Bones a while last year. The break really gave him a chance to match scheme with his personell.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Makes me wonder why Monty seemed to not put Pavs net front, when that is what he has always been strong at? Even took Bones a while last year. The break really gave him a chance to match scheme with his personell.
They had him there to start but it wasn’t working out . Clearly they didn’t give it enough time .

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's good the team figured it out in training camp before the playoffs and in the bubble. With how the season is scheduled there's pretty much no time to work on any new things . Now they can just roll with what was working there

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
"Every second shift for FCC now"

Says Razor

As the team rolls out 4 lines the entire game.

This dude is seriously the dumbest colour commentator in the world.

More bullshit Razor was spewing last night. It's funny that people think this guy is of any quality.

Reactions: NoCogs2020

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
More bullshit Razor was spewing last night. It's funny that people think this guy is of any quality.

idk why you hate on him so much. you want a boring af hockey nerd color guy? there's plenty of those to go around.
razor is highly entertaining, and i'll take some of the bombastic flair and a slightly incorrect backstory about a player to get that entertainment value any day of the week.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
idk why you hate on him so much. you want a boring af hockey nerd color guy? there's plenty of those to go around.
razor is highly entertaining, and i'll take some of the bombastic flair and a slightly incorrect backstory about a player to get that entertainment value any day of the week.
I won't speak for him, but I have always found Razor very annoying and he's always come off as pompous, like he is some sort of quality "brand" and everyone should bask in his greatness, also he very much likes the sound of his own voice

Then there's times where you can tell he's not actually paying attention to what is happening on the ice.
He's not the absolute worst but he's not very good either and his shtick gets old. I would have rather Razor leave and Ralph stay. Not that I mind Josh all that much, he's better than when Razor thought he was a 1 man show doing pBp, but if I could mute Razor I would never watch an away broadcast

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Razor is the voice of the Stars. He sometimes says dumb shit but i'm entertained most of the time and his voice isn't annoying. He wasn't good as PbB ( especially not with Ludwig as color that was dreadful ) but he's good as color guy. Stars broadcast is easily in my personal top 5 from around the league .

Does he say some wrong stuff ? Yeah so do all of the broadcast teams and alot of them are much worse . If i want to go in depth with numbers i'm not getting that on the TV broadcast anyway.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I won't speak for him, but I have always found Razor very annoying and he's always come off as pompous, like he is some sort of quality "brand" and everyone should bask in his greatness, also he very much likes the sound of his own voice

Then there's times where you can tell he's not actually paying attention to what is happening on the ice.
He's not the absolute worst but he's not very good either and his shtick gets old. I would have rather Razor leave and Ralph stay. Not that I mind Josh all that much, he's better than when Razor thought he was a 1 man show doing pBp, but if I could mute Razor I would never watch an away broadcast
yeah, razor was awful as pbp, agree there.
and josh isn't good enough to blend in the loud personality of razor the way ralph or strader(rip) were able to. i think if you upgrade the pbp, razor slots in beautifully as a true color guy. in a lot of ways he reminds me of romo calling football.. so entertaining. definitely loud and some ego in there, but way better than a bland, typical announcer.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Razor is the voice of the Stars. He sometimes says dumb shit but i'm entertained most of the time and his voice isn't annoying. He wasn't good as PbB ( especially not with Ludwig as color that was dreadful ) but he's good as color guy. Stars broadcast is easily in my personal top 5 from around the league .

Does he say some wrong stuff ? Yeah so do all of the broadcast teams and alot of them are much worse . If i want to go in depth with numbers i'm not getting that on the TV broadcast anyway.
The people that like him really like him, I've been listening to him since I think '95 when he joined the Stars and its only been the last 6-7 yrs that I wish he was gone.
Truthfully, once Ralph left, even though Strader was good too, I really started to outright despise razor. And with each year I hate him more and more.
At least Ralph and Dave could stop him from... Idk "taking over" I guess is how I'd word it. And maybe that's why I can't stand him anymore.

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The people that like him really like him, I've been listening to him since I think '95 when he joined the Stars.
Truthfully, once Ralph left, even though Strader was good too, I really started to outright despise razor. And with each year I hate him more and more.
At least Ralph and Dave could stop him from... Idk "taking over" I guess is how I'd word it. And maybe that's why I can't stand him anymore.

I think you're just getting cranky with old age. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->