GDT: #7|Boston vs. Pittsburgh | Tue, Jan. 26 - 7:00 PM -PPG| WHAT ABOUT KAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Kid won me over with the scrimmages. Let's see if he can do some magic with Jank.

He'll win me over if he can throw a hit that causes a player to fall down. Been a while since I've seen that type of player.

Feel like every 'big' forward we have doesn't know how to hit. Tanev can hit but his are more agitating like bump you off the puck hits.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Really interesting to see Kapanen now FINALLY with Malkin or Crosby the whole nine yards sire. All the way to the finish, he won't be taken out from these lines anymore. Now that Rodriques is gone sire. Kapanen's game will make things even better. More wins guaranteed. So, congratulations y'all! This game tonight, might be a diffifult one to win, but after that though, think about it.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He'll win me over if he can throw a hit that causes a player to fall down. Been a while since I've seen that type of player.

Feel like every 'big' forward we have doesn't know how to hit. Tanev can hit but his are more agitating like bump you off the puck hits.

I’m sure a lot of guys know how but with so much emphasis on speed and moving the puck it’s hard to try to consistently try to make big hits without taking yourself out of the play and leaving your team exposed. Especially with how the Pens say they “want” to play, it can’t be a priority. I love physical play and big hits so it’s a shame, but imo that’s why we don’t see it much.

And why that loser TW is such a rarity and pain in the neck.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I wish Sully would flip flop the Wingers in the top six. Other than that pretty decent line up. Gonna have to play our best game thus far to win tonight. Or likely even get to OT.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I guess he's the starter...but given CDS's play against Washington, I would not have started Jarry. I would have gone back to CDS and started Jarry next game. But whatever.

Jarry is the starter and has looked great the last two games.

NYR might be defensively terrible, but they are very skilled up front.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wish Sully would flip flop the Wingers in the top six. Other than that pretty decent line up. Gonna have to play our best game thus far to win tonight. Or likely even get to OT.

I think we'd all like that, but let's see what the top line can do. I have more faith in the natural more mobile Sid than I do Geno.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jake can carry the puck a bit, Zucker is more north south and isn't as apt at making plays. I just think Jake and Rusty are better suited to Geno's game.

Let's see what Kap can bring to Geno's game. We might be surprised.

if there any team we need to get a lead against it’s Boston...they play very tight defensively with a lead...going to very important these next two games to get off to a real good start, something we haven’t done yet...

This is a point I brought up in the ODT, about getting a lead and get through the entire game with one to boost their moral. They have gotten off to a good start, but they never kept a lead, or commanded an entire game. As I said in the ODT, they may slug through this season like this with the competition. It could make them stronger just always squeaking out wins.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
We're a bad road team going back to last year, so this is quite a challenge.

Kap injecting some life onto Geno's line is optimal at this stage for both of them. Not to mention perhaps getting Zuck some points. Gonna really enjoy having hot Rust with the father and son as well. Shame it took a Rodrigues injury to resolve these problems, but so be it.

PP's clicking pretty well so far, albeit not necessarily because of good structure or execution. Hopefully it can get us at least a split.

Need Letang and Dumoulin to play like 1st pair D-men.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We're a bad road team going back to last year, so this is quite a challenge.

Kap injecting some life onto Geno's line is optimal at this stage for both of them. Not to mention perhaps getting Zuck some points. Gonna really enjoy having hot Rust with the father and son as well. Shame it took a Rodrigues injury to resolve these problems, but so be it.

PP's clicking pretty well so far, albeit not necessarily because of good structure or execution. Hopefully it can get us at least a split.

Need Letang and Dumoulin to play like 1st pair D-men.

I totally thought this was a home game, huge mistake for the guy putting up the GDT schedule.:ha:

I didn't put these 2 games as away in our schedule and didn't notice it was wrong until now.

Fixing it now...

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I totally thought this was a home game, huge mistake for the guy putting up the GDT schedule.:ha:

I didn't put these 2 games as away in our schedule and didn't notice it was wrong until now.

Fixing it now...

;)

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad