GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah Staal is okay. It's just that some posters here think every player over 30 is trash. They obviously don't understand how important these experienced players are for a team to have success.

I really don't know what sport you're watching if you think Staal hasn't been bad.

With the exception of last night (he was ok) and possibly the Oilers game (I missed it) Staal has been bad. Two of the games he was just totally horrible.

Reactions: Machinehead

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Why is McLeod even in a position where he can go out of the team to give Buch a spot. Like what does he legitimately bring to the table on this NHL team?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I also think psychologically, he knows this is a rebuilding year, but his own ego is being tested with all the chatter around the league about him being 'old' and his play 'dropping' (even tho the data shows that he faced a massive amount of HDSC's the past few seasons). I think he feels the need to prove some people wrong and showing he still has it.

I truly believe he can play at this level for 2-3 more seasons. He's a rare specimen, this is the game he loves and he has an intense desire to win and always prove people wrong. His consistency throughout his entire career is a testament to this.

Maybe the other side of the same coin (where you said he want to prove nahsayers wrong) is the fact that also in the context of the team rebuild there's less pressure to accumulate wins and he might be more relaxed in this regard compared to expectations from prior years.

Reactions: nevesis

trunkslamchest

NASH W I D E
Nov 21, 2016
wide
He'd probably be a good coach in a few years.

i posted this before somewhere but if hank doesnt win a cup as a player, i can see him MAYBE taking a year off before he jumps into a coaching position somewhere for the rangers.

3-6 years from now i'd hope the rebuild has been completed and we've made the playoffs again, which would be perfect timing for hank to stay on board as a coach and win a cup that way.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I expect a spanking but stranger things have happened. Solidly on team tank but wouldn't mind beating these guys. We're not gonna lose every game after all.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Quinn constantly looks like he's on the verge of tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad