GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
and he's reverted back to playing much deeper as he did years ago. He feels most comfortable playing this way and it's reflecting in his overall play.

This is pretty interesting to me so far...one would think that playing a style that relies more on reflexes when you're age 37 would not be a good way to go, but yeah he looks a lot more comfortable than he has in recent seasons. The last couple of seasons he just didn't look comfortable stopping pucks all the time, spent more time falling down or fighting off shots, and I guess some of that can be attributed to trying to play out of his net a little more and not finding his comfort spot in doing that.

I think we'll see him get beat a little more often with the high shots over the shoulder, etc, since he's playing deeper in net, but hopefully stop more pucks overall.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
From the horse's mouth, Larry Brooks: If Lundqvist plays tonight in DC, Rangers may send Georgiev to Wolf Pack for games Fri and Sat. Has played only one game since 9/27.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He's 100% healthy, where last year he dealt with a knee injury early on, and pretty much all season.

He started training much earlier this summer than he usually does, and he's reverted back to playing much deeper as he did years ago. He feels most comfortable playing this way and it's reflecting in his overall play.

I also think psychologically, he knows this is a rebuilding year, but his own ego is being tested with all the chatter around the league about him being 'old' and his play 'dropping' (even tho the data shows that he faced a massive amount of HDSC's the past few seasons). I think he feels the need to prove some people wrong and showing he still has it.

I truly believe he can play at this level for 2-3 more seasons. He's a rare specimen, this is the game he loves and he has an intense desire to win and always prove people wrong. His consistency throughout his entire career is a testament to this.
Even though objectively speaking it's quite improbable I just can't see Lundqvist retiring before winning a cup in NY. He is one of the most fierce competitors in history of the game

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Staal completes 4 knee down flail moves taking himself completely out of position.
Hayes holds onto the puck 6-7 seconds longer than needed and misses all potential plays to the net.
Vesey gets 2 1/2 breakaways and doesn't come close to scoring or showing emotion.
Fasts 4th line skill prevents any 5 on 5 points from our actual 1st line guys.
Pionk v ADA talk picks up even more post game.

Despite the BS above, Rangers win 4-2

Chytil
Shatty
Buch
Zucc (en)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't have the time to complete the whole thing right now.
Thats fine Loffen. You do a steady bang up job and arent nearly appreciated enough. Its not easy doing what you do. So.....from the bottom of my heart......thank you. The bottom is reserved for my Family and the Rangers.

Reactions: Loff

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Tonight would be a great night for passengers 1 through 10 to do something. We might be able to win off of two lines against the Avs but we're going to get pounded if whatever is happening with the bottom 6 keeps being completely peripheral.

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Even though objectively speaking it's quite improbable I just can't see Lundqvist retiring before winning a cup in NY. He is one of the most fierce competitors in history of the game
Then he may never retire. Because I simply dont see it happening. We may become a playoff team within 3 years, but seems the timing of such and his natural eventual regression will not coincide with a "real chance". In other words, the team gets better while he tries to fight father time. Then again, who knows?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
have we gotten any word on lineups

No line rushes I suspect with b2b games.

I'm gonna take a stab and say it's Spooner and Staal's turns to ride the bench for a game. Not sure if it'd be DeAngelo or McQuaid in for Staal.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
LMAO he hasn't been bad in the games i've seen, just makes no big difference. He'd probably be a good coach in a few years. he seems to think faster than he moves x100.

I mean, he's been significantly less effective than a similarly sized left D that we signed for basically league minimum this offseason.

It's not even that he's overpaid at this point, it's that he's now closer to O'Gara in NHL ability than he is to most of the #6-#7 dmen around the league.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Tonight would be a great night for passengers 1 through 10 to do something. We might be able to win off of two lines against the Avs but we're going to get pounded if whatever is happening with the bottom 6 keeps being completely peripheral.
What about Passenger 57?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->