TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | CAPITAL ONE ARENA - WASHINGTON, DC
TV | NBCSN

zuccck.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`ll be a difficult game for sure, but I hope our young players will shine in this night game in Chytil & Howden and others. DeAngelo needs to play by the way - it`s important for his development or he should be sent down to Wolfpack soon, and this is our 7th game of the season.

Reactions: will1066

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We always play Washington tough. I expect a close game. They might also be suffering from cup hangover, so maybe we can steal one.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Understood that we have three days off after this, but would strongly prefer Georgiev to get this start. Pretty straight forward logic for me -
1. Henrik was outstanding last night, let that sit rather than facing a potent Capital offense. A bad night from our defense would undo the 'victory' feel like Henrik earned.
2. Georgiev needs the opportunity to get back on the ice and redeem himself from Carolina. This is a good spot for it.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Understood that we have three days off after this, but would strongly prefer Georgiev to get this start. Pretty straight forward logic for me -
1. Henrik was outstanding last night, let that sit rather than facing a potent Capital offense. A bad night from our defense would undo the 'victory' feel like Henrik earned.
2. Georgiev needs the opportunity to get back on the ice and redeem himself from Carolina. This is a good spot for it.

1) Is this really needed for Hank? He's won and lost more hockey games than most active NHL goalies. I personally don't believe that Hank is the type of player that needs to be coddled to feel like a winner. He can stand on his head against any team. The team simply has to stop allowing so many high danger chances. That's on the defense to accomplish.

2) Georgiev really had a barrage and a chaotic day on the job last time around. Is a extremely potent Capitals the best team to give him a good feeling after a pummeling? Ovi is the best scorer of this generation, I'm not sure I agree Capitals is the best team to spar him against. I fully agree he needs more starts, just not this game in particular.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The Caps had a couple of bad losses, then 3 days off. This will be a tough one for our boys.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I wonder what Hank did differently this off-season as he typically gets off to slow starts.

He's 100% healthy, where last year he dealt with a knee injury early on, and pretty much all season.

He started training much earlier this summer than he usually does, and he's reverted back to playing much deeper as he did years ago. He feels most comfortable playing this way and it's reflecting in his overall play.

I also think psychologically, he knows this is a rebuilding year, but his own ego is being tested with all the chatter around the league about him being 'old' and his play 'dropping' (even tho the data shows that he faced a massive amount of HDSC's the past few seasons). I think he feels the need to prove some people wrong and showing he still has it.

I truly believe he can play at this level for 2-3 more seasons. He's a rare specimen, this is the game he loves and he has an intense desire to win and always prove people wrong. His consistency throughout his entire career is a testament to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad