Prospect Info: 6th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Except, Ken Holland has done both of those exact things. Took a goalie in the 1st, took a Russian in the 1st. The only difference is the players Holland picked sucked. More of a difference in player evaluation, than doing unconventional things.

eh lets not act like the Wings haven't been super hesitant to go after Russians in general for a long time now

yeah they took Svechnikov but he's literally the only Russian that the Wings have taken before the 7th round in the last 15 years(and would they have even been comfortable taking him in the late first like they did if he wasn't already in north america? hard to say)

think about that in comparison with how much talent comes from over there

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Don't worry there's a Russian who is coming down the pipe that checks all the boxes. Name has a Z? Check. Plays for the Guelph Storm? Check. Good Canadian boy ned Danny? Check. Danny Zhilkin2021, book it.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I was just trying to figure out why Krebs' +/- was so bad, because it looks like his line got beaten up pretty badly.

What. Kootenay's goalies both had GAA of over 4. Their stats were 4.77 GAA/.868 sv% and 4.41 GAA/.878 sv%. I just can't even process how bad that team was defensively. Their PK was at 68%! That's like playing in the 80s.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Wings should take Boldy at 6 or trade down a couple of spots and get another first or more ammo for a first. Also don't take Podkolzin in the top 10...

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
trading down at this draft makes a lot of sense , after Hughes and Kakko there are about 10 pretty equal prospects . Unless after #5 someone wonts to get particular kid we get chance to get for example : 6 for 9+20 , or 6+ for 7 +28. Most likely not going to happened . We need to draft playmaker this draft , someone with puck position skills with pass first mentality

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
trading down at this draft makes a lot of sense , after Hughes and Kakko there are about 10 pretty equal prospects . Unless after #5 someone wonts to get particular kid we get chance to get for example : 6 for 9+20 , or 6+ for 7 +28. Most likely not going to happened . We need to draft playmaker this draft , someone with puck position skills with pass first mentality

Trading down makes no sense. You're giving up the ability to control your destiny for a low percentage chance at getting lucky. Unless Turcotte and Byram both fall and Buffalo for some reason wants to move up one to draft completely off the board.

Reactions: Christien

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Unless trades happen

Hughes
Kakko
Cozens
Turcotte
Byram/Dach

First 2 are obvious

Chicago has drafted alot of dmen lately so think they wi take a centre

Colorado will grab a high second line centre

LA needs help everywhere so harder to say.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Trading down makes no sense. You're giving up the ability to control your destiny for a low percentage chance at getting lucky. Unless Turcotte and Byram both fall and Buffalo for some reason wants to move up one to draft completely off the board.

I mean you don't trade down until draft day. It's not a terrible idea if guys the Red Wings like fall, but you don't do it blindly before you see who is available. I'd hate to trade the pick, and watch Cozens then fall to 6th... He's about the only guy I'm sold on besides the two big prospects(Hughes/Kakko).

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Trying not to get focused on particular players but I still hope we don’t take Cozens. I think he’ll end up being a mediocre winger.

I just hope we nail the pick, whoever it is.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I mean you don't trade down until draft day. It's not a terrible idea if guys the Red Wings like fall, but you don't do it blindly before you see who is available. I'd hate to trade the pick, and watch Cozens then fall to 6th... He's about the only guy I'm sold on besides the two big prospects(Hughes/Kakko).
you don't know how everything will work out , some here believe Rasmussen or Zadina not any good . I said only time will tell and if # 7 wonts Cozens so badly, just like you do, I will trade my #6 for #7 +#28

Jul 30, 2005
Feels like there are a bunch of pretty satisfying options: Byram, Podkolzin if you're into that sort of thing, Cozens, Turcotte, Dach maybe, Krebs, potentially even somebody like Boldy. That's 7 guys for the 3 spots preceding. There will be a bunch of guys left to choose from.

That's nice. We don't really need to worry unless we're zeroed in on one guy.

Reactions: lilidk

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Feels like there are a bunch of pretty satisfying options: Byram, Podkolzin if you're into that sort of thing, Cozens, Turcotte, Dach maybe, Krebs, potentially even somebody like Boldy.

That's nice. We don't really need to worry unless we're zeroed in on one guy.

Issue I have is that we absolutely don't need another winger in Podkolzin or Boldy, and Turcotte is pretty much a Larkin clone.

I think the best options for Detroit are Byram and Cozens, and unfortunately I think both are gone by #6.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I don’t think we’re getting back another first to move back a few spots , personally if byram and podkolzin are there I take them at 6 and if not and we can move back to 8-9-10 if we get someone like Boldy,Caufield,soderstrom is do it for a 32-42 pick , there’s gonna be some good players out there this year

I’d be trying to trade for Callahan on draft day and getting picks back and shipping him Off with salary retained same day for another pick and using some of these assets to possibly move up once or twice in the second if wanted to get a few top kids that would be gone at 57/59 , its nice to have 3 2nds but it’s more about quality than quantity

Let’s make the 2019/2020 drafts huge turning points towards the wings future , got no doubt yzerman trades green this year when he can and try and land us a 1st back rather than risking him to get hurt then again , we do the Callahan move that would be 6 picks in next years top 60

Shits about to get serious in hockeytown

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Issue I have is that we absolutely don't need another winger in Podkolzin or Boldy, and Turcotte is pretty much a Larkin clone.

I hands down the best options for Detroit are Byram and Cozens, and unfortunately I think both are gone by #6.
We need the best player available, that’s all I care about I’m really not counting out yzerman dealing someone like AA for a top dman , he’s not afraid to get shit done

Leaves us with zadina,Berggren at wing coming and whoever’s taken this year

Larkin,veleno,Rasmussen at c

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Callahan has 67 points in the last four years and eats $5.8M in cap. Nobody's giving up any picks for him lol.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

I think the best options for Detroit are Byram and Cozens, and unfortunately I think both are gone by #6.

A Larkin clone would be awesome though. 2 ppg centers would give Detroit a very good top 6, one that could compete with most in the league.

Jul 30, 2005

I think we can look forward to some curveballs coming. It's possible the YzerWings might view the existing winger group as not the best and look to trade some of them. With Holland, sure, because he's never going to trade anybody in the world. Yzerman has no such ties. That's not to mention that Yzerman made the rebuild sound a lot longer than we have been talking about. You don't mention "patience" 80 times in a press conference just to try to make the playoffs in 2 years. So it may well be that our beloved center will come along with time.

Also what's wrong with a Larkin clone? Bring on the Larkin clones.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think we can look forward to some curveballs coming. It's possible the YzerWings might view the existing winger group as not the best and look to trade some of them. With Holland, sure, because he's never going to trade anybody in the world. Yzerman has no such ties. That's not to mention that Yzerman made the rebuild sound a lot longer than we have been talking about. You don't mention "patience" 80 times in a press conference just to try to make the playoffs in 2 years. So it may well be that our beloved center will come along with time.

Also what's wrong with a Larkin clone? Bring on the Larkin clones.
I tell you what's wrong with a Larkin clone , I wont him so bed , someone with character and drive , personality of winner

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
My personal opinion is that Yzerman coming on board makes Zegras and Krebs much likelier than Dach and Cozens.

I could be totally wrong, but I think we are going to take a true skill player at 6.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My personal opinion is that Yzerman coming on board makes Zegras and Krebs much likelier than Dach and Cozens.

I could be totally wrong, but I think we are going to take a true skill player at 6.

Those guys are more skilled than Dach? That’s news to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad