Prospect Info: 6th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
He did show tools. You can’t ignore that because they’re not the tools you personally look for. Few 18-19 year olds are as effective at winning puck battles and occupying the area in front of the net. As he gets stronger he’ll be dominant in those areas, the rest of his game is in question sure but too early to write him off as bottom 6.
That play against Vegas where he got a pass on the goal line next the net and just reached around fleury and tucked the puck on the opposite side of the net keeps popping in my mind reading this

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
so with Stevie back on-board, methinks he'll go after Point 2.0 in Turcotte :) :sarcasm:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Peyton Krebs bandwagon ACTIVATE!
You jest, but I respect Frk It enough that he might be able to turn this board into a Krebs fest. I don't think we'd be seeing all this Turcotte love otherwise. Couple that with a good tournament out of Krebs and he'll be third on everyone's board in no time.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
You jest, but I respect Frk It enough that he might be able to turn this board into a Krebs fest. I don't think we'd be seeing all this Turcotte love otherwise. Couple that with a good tournament out of Krebs and he'll be third on everyone's board in no time.
I dunno about third, but I'm no longer sure I want Cozens instead of Krebs. And I'm now positive I want Krebs instead of Dach, so he's climbing the list for sure. Krebs vs Turcotte would be a tough one.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
“The Lightning are open-minded and don’t fall into the same scouting bugaboos people trip themselves on — passports and measuring tape,” former NHL GM Craig Button recently told our Joe Smith. “‘Don’t draft goaltenders in the first round. Don’t draft Russians.’ Tampa Bay never bought into all that bullshit.”

How Steve Yzerman's most defining moves as a GM can be...

This is extremely refreshing. Yzerman is going to be extremely refreshing for this franchise.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Caufield looks amazing at u18. Hope he makes world cup with Hughes. Those 2 so much fun

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Alex newhook has really impressed me for Canada. He's been playing on the same line with Dylan cozens and he's been driving that line, great vision and hockey sense. Not really impressed with Cozens IQ. Thomas Harley looks like a nice looking dman, good size great skater and nice poise...

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Alex newhook has really impressed me for Canada. He's been playing on the same line with Dylan cozens and he's been driving that line, great vision and hockey sense. Not really impressed with Cozens IQ. Thomas Harley looks like a nice looking dman, good size great skater and nice poise...

Would anyone be mad with Newhook at 6?

Jul 30, 2005
Would anyone be mad with Newhook at 6?
Yes, pretty much everyone. I would take so many players before Newhook every single day of the week. Newhook is much more 16th than 6th.

I mean, shit... I don't want a winger, and I would take Podkolzin, Boldy, Caufield... etc. before Newhook. And then there are defensemen like Broberg, Soderstrom, Heinola, etc. And if we're talking a teens level player, then you start to talk about Spencer Knight...

Jul 30, 2005
What's not very flattering to Cozens is that he destroyed in the tune-up games that nobody saw. So he hasn't looked lights out in the last two, but from Team Canada's perspective he has like 6-7 points in his last 4 games.

And he still has a goal, so it's not like he's doing nothing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes, pretty much everyone. I would take so many players before Newhook every single day of the week. Newhook is much more 16th than 6th.

I mean, ****... I don't want a winger, and I would take Podkolzin, Boldy, Caufield... etc. before Newhook. And then there are defensemen like Broberg, Soderstrom, Heinola, etc. And if we're talking a teens level player, then you start to talk about Spencer Knight...

He’s looked better than I expected and I don’t that I would rule him out as a center.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
I didn't mean to say that I think Newhook is a winger. I'm saying I'm at the point where I'd take wingers before him, and I really don't want a winger. Somebody like Boldy is too talented to go fishing for a later-ranked center like that.
I would take Boldy ahead of Newhook to. I like Boldy a lot and would not be disappointed if the wings got him. I think the reason Newhook is ranked lower is because of concerns about the competition of the league he's in. I think he's showing in the u18s that's not a issue.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Jul 30, 2005
I would take Boldy ahead of Newhook to. I like Boldy a lot and would not be disappointed if the wings got him. I think the reason Newhook is ranked lower is because of concerns about the competition of the league he's in. I think he's showing in the u18s that's not a issue.
I don't think scouts are very concerned about the competition level of the BCHL, considering Cale Makar went #4 overall out of it just a few years ago. But I see what you're saying.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
I don't think scouts are very concerned about the competition level of the BCHL, considering Cale Makar went #4 overall out of it just a few years ago. But I see what you're saying.
Yeah I hear you, Kyle Turris went what 2nd or 3rd overall from that league. I guess that it's the first time seeing Newhook for me and I came away very impressed.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad