Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
1660243.jpg

Doesn't seem like the best moment in time to call him "Cracker," though.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean that's what the team will call him, but the fans often have our own nicknames. I'm sure The Perfect Human was just "Lids" in the locker room.

The Mannheim Steamroller was his nickname in the DEL and I think when life drops a nickname like that, we as a fanbase should embrace it.
I referred to Lidstrom as Lids about 1000000000000000000000x more than I referred to him as "the Perfect Human"

Just like everyone calls Alex Ovechkin "Ovie" although his nickname is "the Great Eight"

I'm not the type to be like "WOW THE MANNHEIM HAMMER JUST LAID A HUGE HIT!!!!!"
I'm more likely to exclaim "Wow! Mo/Seids just destroyed that guy."

Campy nicknames aren't for me.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't know why this discussion is going in any other direction other than "Dixon" or something along that line of thinking.

But really, it has to come naturally through his NHL career and will rarely ever be used.

Reactions: RedMenace

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He likely will wind up with a nickname if for no other reason than the whole room already calls Mantha Mo.

I would guess the boring hockey one of sides...

Hoping for the Mannheim Hammer.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So just a little thought I had. I've had all the 2020 WJHC games recorded so been watching them over and over incessantly.

The more I watch Seider, the more I see Victor Hedman.

The guy is going to be a legit top pairing dman. So smart, sound defensively and doesnt get enough credit on the boards for his ability to create offense.

Hes a good one Wings fans!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So just a little thought I had. I've had all the 2020 WJHC games recorded so been watching them over and over incessantly.

The more I watch Seider, the more I see Victor Hedman.

The guy is going to be a legit top pairing dman. So smart, sound defensively and doesnt get enough credit on the boards for his ability to create offense.

Hes a good one Wings fans!

Thanks for taking the time to come post over here. I actually dont think he gets enough credit for how good he was that tournament. If he wasnt in that crazy pool, they wouldnt have been in the relegation round and he woulda won best dman of the tournament for sure.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What's the likelyhood he doesn't make the Wings out of camp? He's ready to me.

50/50% (only b/c Wings wanna potentially shield him from the brutal upcoming season at this stage of development)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What's the likelyhood he doesn't make the Wings out of camp? He's ready to me.

50/50% (only b/c Wings wanna potentially shield him from the brutal upcoming season at this stage of development)
Higher than 50% he plays in Detroit. Gotta think the season wont start until like December, he'll be even bigger and stronger by then and Detroits D is god awful. I would guess like 80%

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Higher than 50% he plays in Detroit. Gotta think the season wont start until like December, he'll be even bigger and stronger by then and Detroits D is god awful. I would guess like 80%

Also, Grand Rapids might not be playing this year. I think that affects our roster in a big way. In a normal year, I would have fully expected seider to start the year in GR, then get called up halfway through as the Wings deal with injuries and trading guys for picks. If GR isn't playing, though, these guys need to get games in somewhere. I think it's going to be a big factor in Rasmussen starting in Detroit, too.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
many have already determined that seider wont be a huge points producer as dmen go . but they made that determination going by an 18 year olds stats in the ahl vs full grown men . but what i saw is a very smart hockey player with soft hands for a big man that is also a very coordinated skater that can hold onto the puck and deal with traffic . his skating shall get smoother with maturity and his wrist shot shall improve as he gets stronger (he loves feathering wristers thru from the blueline , seider to rasmussen shall become a thing like lidstrom to holmstrom was) , it'll add up to an excellent passing 40 point dman that is also elite level when opponants have puck . our next #1 dman

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
or he could have more than 1, i.e., Holmstrom: (Swedish) Demolition Man, (Det) Junkyard Dog. Vladdy/Vladinator/Vlad the Impailer. Pavs/Pasha, The Magic Man, Lids/Lidas/Perfect Human.

Mr. Mojo Risin' or "Mojo" for short. We can embrace the M.Steamroller too, but we should put our own Red Wings stamp on his Det. nickname.
To expound on that, Moe, Mojo & Joe = Mantha, Seider & Joe

Reactions: Lil Bert

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
To expound on that, Moe, Mojo & Joe = Mantha, Seider & Joe

Kids got Mojo! Immediate fan favorite. Gonna bring that fun piece to the room, hopefully it doesn't get snuffed out by the stingy pro atmosphere. I'd rather die than watch another press conference of Blashill or Larkin repeating the same mumbo they did after every loss. I'M HERE FOR ENTERTAINMENT.
He does need to step up his offense tho. Caught flat footed/stationary in the O-Zone too often.
75% chance he makes the jump unless Yzerman is really trying to be careful with his development. Hedman good comparison DJB

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Mo, Joe & Ma

Tie game against the Blackhawks. It's 10pm on a Thursday. I'm 3 beers in. Veleno breaks into the zone and passes it to the Mantha along the boards. He waits. Sees Seider with space on the blueline and slides the puck back to him. Seider moves forward and fires off a heater from the high slot. It's in the net!

o5mzy1vpy0my.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->