Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Moritz Seider is apparently doing off ice work outs with Adler Mannheim at the moment.
I wonder if he will also join them for on ice training, if that were to be allowed in Germany before it is in the States.

Not entirely sure if this interview has been posted already and I am too lazy to check right now.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Some German hockey-show just released a 45 minute video of Seider in the US with interviews etc.
Sadly, they didn't add any subtitles (yet).

Kronwall is full of praise for him (9:30), too.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
you can get youtube to add subtitles and translate them to english

its a little hit and miss but its better than nothing

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
you can get youtube to add subtitles and translate them to english

its a little hit and miss but its better than nothing

Yeah that could lead to some interesting results. I only checked the youtube subtitles for a minute, but during that stretch they were more miss than hit.
I may have to double check, but if I recall correctly at one point the interviewer Rick Goldmann said something about the AHL and used the term "hartes Eishockey" (hard hockey) but the subtitles read "altes Eisen" (old iron).
Goldamnn's slight dialect probably doesn't help with that. :laugh:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Come on guys we all know his nickname is inevitably "Seids".
I mean that's what the team will call him, but the fans often have our own nicknames. I'm sure The Perfect Human was just "Lids" in the locker room.

The Mannheim Steamroller was his nickname in the DEL and I think when life drops a nickname like that, we as a fanbase should embrace it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I mean that's what the team will call him, but the fans often have our own nicknames. I'm sure The Perfect Human was just "Lids" in the locker room.

The Mannheim Steamroller was his nickname in the DEL and I think when life drops a nickname like that, we as a fanbase should embrace it.
I think we should go with "Slo-Mo".

Every time he lays a huge hit, the crowd chants "SLO-MO, SLO-MO, SLO-MO" until they show the replay on the jumbotron.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

or he could have more than 1, i.e., Holmstrom: (Swedish) Demolition Man, (Det) Junkyard Dog. Vladdy/Vladinator/Vlad the Impailer. Pavs/Pasha,The Magic Man, Lids/Lidas/Perfect Human.

Mr. Mojo Risin' or "Mojo" for short. We can embrace the M.Steamroller too, but we should put our own Red Wings stamp on his Det. nickname.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad