Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I like it. Yzerman went with a need and maybe not the BPA, kudos to him for having the cohonas to do it.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I think 6-10/12 was so wide open nobody wanted to trade up. I'm excited to see what Yzerman saw in this guy.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I can't believe how many people here are saying they are happy with this pick. This is disgusting. If they wanted a D, you take Broberg. Harley will be better, York will be better, Soderstrom will be better. There is no high-end upside here. It's a safe pick, he's going to be a 2nd pair D and nothing more...

It's nonsense...I'm still in disbelief.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I assume Seider hasn’t been taken in an Import Draft yet. Perhaps he winds up in Saginaw next season?

Reactions: NEWing

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I can't believe how many people here are saying they are happy with this pick. This is disgusting. If they wanted a D, you take Broberg. Harley will be better, York will be better, Soderstrom will be better. There is no high-end upside here. It's a safe pick, he's going to be a 2nd pair D and nothing more...

It's nonsense...I'm still in disbelief.

How do you know all of this?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's kinda funny that this feels like enough of a reach that it actually pushes through and makes me feel better about it :laugh:

just feels kinda ballsy

Reactions: Reddwit

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Hard to trade down comfortably when Kenny has your draft list...

That shouldn’t matter cuz if you are going as far off the board with Seider as the Wings did, the likelihood of him being picked in the top 10 at least is zero! Don’t know if I would have traded any lower than 10? But in my mind they should have traded down a bit and get an extra pick at least.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Yeah, he got a guy who can be found in literally every free agency period, and is years away from hitting a middle pairing ceiling.

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I just don't know much about him. Consensus was later. But that's how it goes. Hopefully he hits. He definitely has upside, smart, bug and skates well

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Who the f*ck is this skinny little erik karlsson kid

/ottawa fans in 2008

You mean the Karlsson taken in the middle of the first round, not the top third, and was showing good offense in Swedish leagues that aren't traditionally leagues kids show good offense in?

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I had Seider ranked 15th over all, and fourth among defenders behind Byram, York and Soderstrom. But I'm ecstatic that Detroit didn't draft Zegras or Podkolzin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad