6th overall pick in 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have the 6th overall pick in my 2004 sim league draft.

I know quite a bit about the 2004 draft but im wondering about peopls opinions on here.

Who would you take with the 6th overall pick? I know it is hard to say because you dont know will go 1-5.

Assume Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker are gone. List 3 players in order who you would most likely pick.

Thanx

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
personnally i'm still high on Olesz that he would be #3 overall for me.

so assuming Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker are gone.
my order would be :

1. Olesz
2. Tukonen
3. Radulov

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thanx Russian fan :)

If Olesz is still there i wont even hesitate. But i just have a feeling he could drop. Most europeans do in my league.

Radulov with a 6th overall? His stock has really jumped.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Russian Fan said:
personnally i'm still high on Olesz that he would be #3 overall for me.

so assuming Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker are gone.
my order would be :

1. Olesz
2. Tukonen
3. Radulov

I would agree and go olesz, tukonen, radulov.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
nyr4life5186 said:
Why no mention of Ladd? I'd pick him ahead of everybody you mentioned, save Olesz.

agreed.... i'm hearing that he's the most NHL ready, is this true? big guy, power forward kind of game.... sounds good to me if u cant get your hands on Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker or Olesz

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If you can't decide on which player to pick... and honestly I think most of that group who will be at #6 should be about the same, you need to look for who will fit the biggest hole in the organization.

If you need defense, Thelen is the guy to take. Offense, maybe somewhere else.

Looking at the hockeysfuture weaknesses of your organization could give you some clues as to what you should look for.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
Chimaera said:
If you can't decide on which player to pick... and honestly I think most of that group who will be at #6 should be about the same, you need to look for who will fit the biggest hole in the organization.

If you need defense, Thelen is the guy to take. Offense, maybe somewhere else.

Looking at the hockeysfuture weaknesses of your organization could give you some clues as to what you should look for.

As a Ranger fan, with my team sitting at #6, this is the way I look at it: If both Olesz and Ladd are gone by the time the Rangers are up, I take Thelen. The potential of him being a Chris Pronger type defenseman is too much to pass up. I'd then use my extra 1st rounder and 5 2nd rounders to move up into the low-to-mid teens and pick up a guy like Picard or Stafford.

Prucha73

nyr4life5186 said:
As a Ranger fan, with my team sitting at #6, this is the way I look at it: If both Olesz and Ladd are gone by the time the Rangers are up, I take Thelen. The potential of him being a Chris Pronger type defenseman is too much to pass up. I'd then use my extra 1st rounder and 5 2nd rounders to move up into the low-to-mid teens and pick up a guy like Picard or Stafford.

If his potential was realistically a Chris Pronger type, then he would be rated a lot higher than he is by the scouting services, but all of them have him ranked fairly low. And that makes me believe he is not that great, still a solid defenseman maybe in Jovonovski mold.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
fedorov_jr said:
agreed.... i'm hearing that he's the most NHL ready, is this true? big guy, power forward kind of game.... sounds good to me if u cant get your hands on Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker or Olesz

I dont know if he's the most NHL ready right now. That title probably goes to Ovechkin. But there's not much risk involved with him. Unlike a guy like Radulov, he's not a hit-or-miss type of draft pick. You pretty much know what you're gonna get from him. I've read comparisons to Shane Doan and Adam Graves.

Prucha73

nyr4life5186 said:
I dont know if he's the most NHL ready right now. That title probably goes to Ovechkin. But there's not much risk involved with him. Unlike a guy like Radulov, he's not a hit-or-miss type of draft pick. You pretty much know what you're gonna get from him. I've read comparisons to Shane Doan and Adam Graves.

I think there is a risk that he is not skilled enough to be a top line player, most likely a 2nd liner at best.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Russian Fan said:
You are very high on Stafford, I love that gutsy statement that you pick him 5th overall over Olesz & Tukonen.

I see more NCAA then any other league, so I can go off that over some other players that I might not have seen. But I didn't count Olesz cause I have him at #3 to the Hawks. I'd be shocked if the Hawks take Barker. I see it as 1-2-3 are already picked, the rest are in the air. I've only seen Tukonen twice in the wjc's, but I see him as close to the level of Stafford, but since I've seen Stafford more and I really like how he plays the game, I personally would go with Stafford.

Also it's not 5th overall, it's a list of who I would take at 6th, 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Im warry of Ladd.

Mostly because i had never heard of him until the prospects game and id like to think im pretty hooked up when it comes to prospects.

He seems more NHL ready though, and he is an 85 not an 86 like most 2004's.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Assume Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker are gone. List 3 players in order who you would most likely pick.

The next 3 for me would be:

1. Rostislav Olesz
2. Lauri Tukonen
3. Alex Radulov
then
4. Schremp
5. Ladd

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Im warry of Ladd.

Mostly because i had never heard of him until the prospects game and id like to think im pretty hooked up when it comes to prospects.

He seems more NHL ready though, and he is an 85 not an 86 like most 2004's.

I agree totally about Ladd, like I said on a team boards, I always prefer a guy that was highly touted the last 12-18-24 months & could have fall the rankings because for the scouts he didnt progress as it was suppose to be. Adam Pineault is THE guy that could be A REAL STEAL in this draft if he's pick in the 2nd round like most HF posters said. I would pick Pineault BEFORE Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad