OT: 69th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Nicest Thread Of Them All...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Im conflicted. My wife (mostly) and I are having our second kid any day, and while she wants to do this asap im holding out out hope that it happens after the 16th so i can go to the flyers first preseason game...Dear Abby, is this unreasonable?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
It's going to take less than one studio segment for the horndog desperados around here to pretend that she is hot and start salivating.
Nobody should be publicly objectifying her one way or the other and just care about what she reports.

On the other hand, what you or I do to her (or anyone) in our own heads is our own business. ;)

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Im conflicted. My wife (mostly) and I are having our second kid any day, and while she wants to do this asap im holding out out hope that it happens after the 16th so i can go to the flyers first preseason game...Dear Abby, is this unreasonable?
Yes. You evil soul. Yes.

By the end my wife’s sentiment was “get this thing out of me”.

Reactions: Danko

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Bill Burrs new special was even better than Chappelles, in my opinion, although both were similar so if you liked one you'll probably like both.

I assume he'll get the same outraged whiny reaction as Chappelle got, although more likely he'll get even more.

I watched both. Now that some time has passed... Chappelle's one wasn't very funny. In fact, it was borderline unoriginal. Some of those jokes have been around for years in more or less the same form. I used to watch a ton of comedy. I used to go to comedy shows in AC and NYC. Ugh, I even went to Foxworthy.

Bill's is a slog at 1st then picks up.

There is a risk with any comedian that has been in the business a long time that they just lose "it." Musicians have the same problem. There are comedians I used to find hysterical and going back now-- they're boring or unfunny. This isn't universal (for instance, Bill Hicks is still pretty funny, but it isn't funny as it WAS). Both are at risk of falling into this category for me.

Reactions: mmvvpp

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So a pen exploded in my dryer yesterday and didn't see it until today. It's all nice and dry too...

I hate that the only thing that works well is acetone.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Posting for men's health. This is a non alt right take on the trauma men can experience. Get a colonoscopy. Also watch it, cowards. Food for thought.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It’s the second kid, you really don’t have to be there for the birth. You’ve seen the first one, everyone knows sequels are pretty much the same thing but not as good.

Reactions: Ruck Over and Danko

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Sticks and stones was hilarious aside from the uncomfortable Michael Jackson portion

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
My second was born on the 9th, I was hoping it to be 2 days later, so it'd be 7/11, instead of 7/09. As a guy, it was wholly unreasonable of me, while perfectly reasonable.

If, IF, you are scheduling a c-section well in advance (1st or 2nd trimester), then it is totally reasonable to desire a specific date to occur around other events, provided the health of mother and baby are not in question.

Otherwise, let life happens as it were, as is its wont and way. I know my wife enjoyed the experience of being pregnant, but in the hospital she was all about getting that little person out of her, asap.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good Lord.

"The Man From Nowhere" - 2010 Korean gangster/revenge/rescue. It's like "The Professional," only a million times better. I am not joking. ****ing hell.

1. "It's a Wonderful Life"
2. "Rocky II"
3. "The Man From Nowhere"

Guaranteed tears. ****ing hell.

Reactions: Jtown

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I am silently freaking out right now because I just saw this on Facebook:

SCARE-A-CON 2019 – Guests

I just bought and read Don Coscarelli's book on my last vacation and now I can go down the road and possibly get it signed by practically everyone who worked on Phantasm!!! Plus I can tell Phil Fondacaro that he gave me some of the worst nightmares of my entire life playing the titular character in Troll. And f***ing Pinhead and Kirsty from Hellraiser, this is an insane lineup for a non-major city.

Reactions: Ruck Over
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->