Prospect Info: #69 - RW Mackenzie Entwistle

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Just thought I'd post this goal by Mackenzie Entwistle from last night.

Throughout the playoffs he has been an excellent two-way forward, which is exactly his style. Has been huge for the PK at crucial times and back-checks well. So far he has 8 points (3G, 5A) in 11 games and has been on the third line centering between Matthew Strome and either Will Bitten or Isaac Nurse.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Thanks for posting this @Canadian Game.

His production is up from last year considerably. I expect to see another jump next season when he gets more time and responsibility.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Good to see Entwistle have a productive D+1 year. Still not sure if he can become more than a third line two way winger, but that’s still a useful player and a fine outcome for a third round puck.

Reactions: Jakey53

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Thanks for posting this @Canadian Game.

His production is up from last year considerably. I expect to see another jump next season when he gets more time and responsibility.
Glad to share.

Next season should be a good one for Entwistle. I'd expect more production and development. Hamilton will be rebuilding as some players will graduate at the end of this season. Trading some of the better players for picks and prospects will likely be a priority. I'd expect him to be on the top line, although he could be on the second line. It depends on what happens with a couple of other players. Regardless of which line Entwistle plays on, increased minutes is likely, and Hamilton will still have good players to play on his line. If he is still with Hamilton at the Christmas break, I'd expect him to be traded to a contender by the trade deadline in early January.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
He's looked good at Memorial Cup. Projects as a bottom 6 big C. Needs a contract.

hanzal-so-hot-right-now.jpg

Reactions: Grimes

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
They aren't kidding about going hunting for character players. First Joseph, now Entwistle. Go-go all out hustle balls to the wall player.
That balls to the wall type hustle proving to be very successful in Vegas. Welcome style in AZ!

Reactions: Heldig

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d leave him in junior another year. Let him be the man.
Exactly. Just because you can turn pro doesn’t mean you should. I HATE rushing guys. Let them develop skills in junior. You should move up when you have nothing left to learn and not before. I hate what we did to Crouse as much as what it cost us.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Exactly. Just because you can turn pro doesn’t mean you should. I HATE rushing guys. Let them develop skills in junior. You should move up when you have nothing left to learn and not before. I hate what we did to Crouse as much as what it cost us.

Well there you go again. I've never seen anyone so consumed by hatred of what he perceives as reality. A perception that can never be proven.

Reactions: Jakey53

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
He isn't even eligible for the AHL is he?
That's correct. He will be eligible for the AHL the season after.

While he's played very well for Hamilton in the playoffs and Memorial Cup, he will be back in the OHL next season to continue to develop. Don't be surprised if he is traded to another team looking to make a big playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad