GDT: #69|Bruins vs Penguins|SunMar10 @730PMest|NBCSN, TVAS

Are You Going To The Game Tonight!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
9b68652da943cd43c029fc4d759227b6.jpg

220px-Boston_Bruins.svg.png
vs
220px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo_%282016%29.svg.png

The 42-17-9 Boston Bruins
make the short trip to face the
36-23-9 Pittsburgh Penguins!

The Pens aren't afraid of any bear!
giphy.gif

Possible Penguins Lines
Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
AstonReese-Malkin-Kessel
McCann'tGetBackToLineOne-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Blueger-Cullen-WTFilson
Dumoulin-Trotz, man
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-GudFightWithCharanson
Murray
DeSmith

Here we see Guentzel throwing a tantrum
knowing his opposite winger is likely Simon, again.

source.gif

Possible Bruins Lines
March-in-and-win-BergeronTheFaceoff-Heinen
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner
Nordstrom-Krejci-Stempniak
Cehlarik-Coyle-Backes
Chara-Mcavoy
Moore-Grzelcyk
Krug-Carlo
Rask
Halak​

Let's
Go
Pens!

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Boston's streak has to come to an end sometime right? Might as well be the the Penguins who do the honors.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I know Boston is on this crazy streak, but they are ripe for the picking.

Look at that forward group with the injuries they have now, Its a one line team.

They have been flirting with losing for a while, they didn't beat the Sens tonight til the last minute.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Damn @EightyOne, you're on top of it :) Ain't no rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need none ...

BackToBack games don't leave much time for sleep!

Murray deserves a rest after tonight. Need him fresh for the Playoffs

Play Murray to get into playoffs.

Rest Murray and not get into playoffs.

The conundrum is real, breh. aaaaaaaaalmost like dropping a bunch of 'meaningless' games all year has come back to haunt them.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Watched the highlights of the Bruins and Senators. Bruins were struggling and barely pulled out a win. They are prime for the taking to be dealt their first regulation loss in a while.

Reactions: EightyOne

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's not must win per se but if we do win it we'd be 4 points up on Montreal with the same games played which would be nice. We're still up 2 with same GP even if we lose, but let's not lose.

Reactions: NEPA and EightyOne

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
It's not must win per se but if we do win it we'd be 4 points up on Montreal with the same games played which would be nice. We're still up 2 with same GP even if we lose, but let's not lose.

I mean we are kind of like Columbus was tonight- backs up against the while the Bruins are just cruising right now. And we are a better team than our record indicates, its at home so I don't know why some think its a slam dunk victory for the Bruins. Sure 19 game point streak for them, (best for them since 1941). I think they are due for a loss.

Reactions: Pancakes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean we are kind of like Columbus was tonight- backs up against the while the Bruins are just cruising right now. And we are a better team than our record indicates, its at home so I don't know why some think its a slam dunk victory for the Bruins. Sure 19 game point streak for them, (best for them since 1941). I think they are due for a loss.

Maybe, but people think we’ll lose because they’re the 2nd best team in the league, 2nd best defensive team, and they have a history of out muscling us for games...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Maybe, but people think we’ll lose because they’re the 2nd best team in the league, 2nd best defensive team, and they have a history of out muscling us for games...

I agree they are a great team but I think they are due for a stinker and we have more urgency..Their last two games at home (I already mentioned the Sens) they struggled against Flordia too and Florida took it to them letting a 2 goal lead slip. Florida gave us issue too but still.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Must win after last nights loss. Not optimal since its b2b against a good opponent

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I agree they are a great team but I think they are due for a stinker and we have more urgency..Their last two games at home (I already mentioned the Sens) they struggled against Flordia too and Florida took it to them letting a 2 goal lead slip. Florida gave us issue too but still.

We’ll see...they have a streak to play for too, not to mention TOR creeping up on them...it’s hard to get up for every bottom feeder as the Pens know, but the Bs pulled out wins...I don’t feel good about the game and Halak (the better goalie) is likely starting...but I hope you’re right...

Reactions: NEPA

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
they definitely have a history of 'you hold 'em, I'll punch 'em.'
axkqt.jpg

6 years later, still can't believe that went uncalled (pick one...holding/interference/roughing/etc. lol) and how celebrated it was on the main board afterward. Also can't believe the number of posts the Pens hit in that series, Rask was so far in their heads it was terrible.

It would be advantageous to get 2 points tonight. With a game vs a fairly hot Washington team coming up next, you don't want to have a losing streak going when you're trying to make a playoff push.

Anita L

Jan 29, 2019
the Bruins played a bad game last night against a bad team could they have been looking forward to the pens tonight and playing out the video Husker posted above

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
the Bruins played a bad game last night against a bad team could they have been looking forward to the pens tonight and playing out the video Husker posted above

They didn't play great the game before that either. Panthers let them off the hook

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pretty much have to find a way to get some points out of this one but expecting a big L, especially if Tanger's still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad