GDT: [#69] ★★★ At least we can giggle about which game number this is I guess ★★★

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Fire Ruff?

...not when he's doing his job perfectly in keeping the team in contention for an early pick.

I couldn't be more happy with the job Ruff is doing right now.

Offseason.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The positive we can take from this game is that I successfully predicted the result in the title. I'm not saying you should all worship me but maybe think about how important and great I am for a few minutes.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
i can't believe the Stars picked Niemi over Talbot

without putting my head in the lions mouth here

Oilers traded picks 57, 79 and 184 for Talbot and 209 on the 27th of June

you guys traded the 192 for Niime

If you guys had a third then I could see that you may have been in the conversation--but you guys didnt

sorry to post on your board--but thought I would just make that correction--
it wasn't so much you guys trade for Niime that day--you did not have the ask for Talbot and to be fair--Talbot to the oilers was talked about three weeks leading up to the draft.

The thing that still puzzles me is how Talbot in the first conversation he had with the oilers started "You guys do know I wont sign with you?" not sure if it is true--but some say it was Kelly Talbot who took a liking to Edmonton--which is sort of Ironic cause she is from Dallas

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Oh man, your GDT's are unreal. Congrats on taking it in stride. We in Edmonton are experienced in that... well maybe not in stride but... in... you know

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
without putting my head in the lions mouth here

Oilers traded picks 57, 79 and 184 for Talbot and 209 on the 27th of June

you guys traded the 192 for Niime

If you guys had a third then I could see that you may have been in the conversation--but you guys didnt

sorry to post on your board--but thought I would just make that correction--
it wasn't so much you guys trade for Niime that day--you did not have the ask for Talbot and to be fair--Talbot to the oilers was talked about three weeks leading up to the draft.

The thing that still puzzles me is how Talbot in the first conversation he had with the oilers started "You guys do know I wont sign with you?" not sure if it is true--but some say it was Kelly Talbot who took a liking to Edmonton--which is sort of Ironic cause she is from Dallas

i can't beleive the Jet`s picked Laine over Matthews.

Inside joke, I don't feel like explaining.

----

Regarding your post, if your curious, I'd invite you to do some digging into what the Stars offered in return for Talbot. You certainly have no reason to say apologize for posting here, but if you want to correct someone, you should seek out more information beforehand.

You've got Gorton to thank for Talbot, not the Stars lack of a better offer.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
i can't beleive the Jet`s picked Laine over Matthews.

Inside joke, I don't feel like explaining.

----

Regarding your post, if your curious, I'd invite you to do some digging into what the Stars offered in return for Talbot. You certainly have no reason to say apologize for posting here, but if you want to correct someone, you should seek out more information beforehand.

You've got Gorton to thank for Talbot, not the Stars lack of a better offer.

In the Edmonton Papers it was suggested the ask from the stars by the Rangers was your first, good prospect and another pick--and Dallas offered the 2nd and later picks

can you post the offer from the Stars or the ask from the rangers--the only stuff I can find as reported by legit media guys is that the Rangers asked for the first and other stuff and things ended there. Stars were not given the first up.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
In the Edmonton Papers it was suggested the ask from the stars by the Rangers was your first, good prospect and another pick--and Dallas offered the 2nd and later picks

can you post the offer from the Stars or the ask from the rangers--the only stuff I can find as reported by legit media guys is that the Rangers asked for the first and other stuff and things ended there. Stars were not given the first up.

Stars offered a deal centered around the Rangers choice of any prospect not named Julius Honka. According to Mike Heika in an interview with Jeff Marek, Rangers held out for Honka. The GMs play their games and both the Rangers and the Stars come out looking terrible. While, Oilers get a great piece for a couple of draft picks.

In hindsight, the Rangers should have just taken Faksa and called it a day, he's currently one of the Stars best and most reliable players. Hard to say if he would have been the pick at the time, probably not. Maybe Lindell, he had just won the MVP in the Finnish league (currently playing on our top pair, but is over his head). Maybe they'd have picked Shore, maybe Dickinson. Don't know, there were a few guys to chose from who I think certainly would have been better than the 57th and 79th picks.

----

Now as far as hindsight for the Stars, just giving them Honka outright and avoided the disaster that is Niemi completely would have been the best play. Though, I wouldn't have done Honka for Talbot at the time so that is unfair of me to say now.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
So, starting the day I renew my Season Tickets, the Stars go on a 2-12 scoring binge and look like the worst team in the league? Wonder how many are going to ask for a refund. Don't think they allow that.

I wondered why the renewal date was so early this year.....

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
So, starting the day I renew my Season Tickets, the Stars go on a 2-12 scoring binge and look like the worst team in the league? Wonder how many are going to ask for a refund. Don't think they allow that.

I wondered why the renewal date was so early this year.....

Why ask for your money back, you are making an investment in the tank that will pay off next year*!

*probably not actually next year so get your 2018-19 season ticket check ready!

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I have sat through several bad seasons over the years, so I was just kidding. I won't ask for my money back. There are always some good moments.

Just hard to recall those in the last two games.......although I do recall the days when a shellacking meant a stern team meeting and some results other than another shellacking. It seems they have mailed it in.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Lindy apparently called out the leaders, pinning this latest stretch on them.

:facepalm:

He should retire. He's not suited for a head coaching job anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad