GDT: #68 - Sabres vs. Avalanche at 3 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Right now we are 10th worst in the NHL - and falling quickly in the stsndings. Perhaps our pick in the draft is exactly what this franchise needs.

Blessing is disguise...is it spelled that way..

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
38 shot attempts is a joke itself. Only getting 18 shots on net of those 38 attempts is a bigger joke. Average of one shot a player is not good enough. 7 guys without a sog.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I hope we draft a center.. I remember not even a year ago we were set at center and needed wingers and defense.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I hope we draft a center.. I remember not even a year ago we were set at center and needed wingers and defense.
Again, I’ve said this before but drafting a center in the 4-10 range does nothing to improve this team next year. We need a 2C TODAY. Our picks should be BPA not based on position.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
It wasn't merely coincidental that people's emotions were incredibly high after we dumped our 2C for nothing. This is exactly what I saw playing out when I picked us to be a ~70 point team this year. Of course, we'll be higher than that, but for 7/8ths of the season they're the team I thought they were.

Bad teams look bad, and when they know they're bad, they don't try. This game is the hallmark game of bad teams, and it shows up every few games until the season mercilessly ends. Maybe this offseason we can try not to be such a bad team, and then for once we don't have to see listless efforts in meaningless games.

Reactions: sabremike

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Bad teams look bad, and when they know they're bad, they don't try.

I’ll probably get roasted for saying this but this attitude is way more prevalent today than it was 20 years ago.

I saw it the kids I coached over that timespan. They would tell us “We’re gonna lose anyways so what’s the point?” The concept/value of always doing your best no matter the circumstances (the old Joe DiMaggio rule) is so outdated and forgotten.

It’s pretty difficult to have any hot passion for this franchise these days.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
So in these games we’re Eichel looks checked out, has he lost his love for the game and need to shipped out for culture?

Or is it just obviously hard to be a happy face when management puts out a bad group of players and a dum dum head coach?

4 years in a row of this idiotic deja vu

Reactions: sabremike

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Again, I’ve said this before but drafting a center in the 4-10 range does nothing to improve this team next year. We need a 2C TODAY. Our picks should be BPA not based on position.
We shouldn't need a center today but the Pegulas and Botterill thought otherwise rather than making it work.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
We shouldn't need a center today but the Pegulas and Botterill thought otherwise rather than making it work.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that Botts expected to lose a lot this season, and quite possibly next season as well. If it was only one year of losing he keeps ROR and bites the bullet. But more than one year, it would be important to get him off the roster. I don’t think we’re done losing by design. I could see 2 more years after this year. There would be more of an urgency to fix the problems of the team if winning is in short term plans. I think Housley is here next year.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Another top 10 pick. We can’t develop though so likely a bust.

Draft Boldy or Turcotte, let them develop in College for 2-3 seasons then bring them in, let someone else develop those guys so we don’t ruin them. It should be obvious at this point the Buffalo Sabres organization isn’t very good at developing talent, most certainly in the bottom 10 of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->