Post-Game Talk: #68: Sabres 1 at FLYERS 3, Saturday, Mar. 7, 2020, 7:00 p.m. ET

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
i was so pissed. He held the whistle in his mouth too so the POS knew that hart didn't have it but didn't want to blow it because sabres had possession. Hart even made a save and if he got hurt...bye bye deep playoff run. So stupid
Yeah this seems like the dumbest rule out there, why wouldn’t they just blow the whistle? It seemed stupid to allow a goalie to risk injury without a glove on

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I missed tonights game. Was at a comedy show. Watching some on DVR now. Looks like we didnt bring our A game but still won. Previous Flyers teams would have lost this game. The good thing is it will keep them hungry for the Bruins game.

That would be an understatement. Outplayed for long stretches. Hart was incredible, and Giroux/Voracek/Sanheim made enough plays that we got the W.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
thankyou-carter-66594.jpg

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
So basically at this point here’s the percentages to where we possibly seed at according to Money Puck:

1st Metro - 47.5%
2nd Metro - 41.6%
3rd Metro - 9.3%
1st Wild Card - 1.3%
2nd Wild Card - 0.2%

They have us at 99.95% chance of making the playoffs.

Two more wins and it should be 100%. That would be 93 points, which should ensure a WC spot.

no1b4me

Sep 17, 2007
The ref not blowing the whistle when Hart lost his blocker was complete bullshit

Sadly, there is no rule about blowing the play dead if a goalie loses a stick, blocker or glove during play. Only the helmet coming off it's blown dead. What Hart could have done was flip his helmet off although he may have got a delay of game penalty of doing it. If the NHL was serious about minimizing goalie injuries they would include a blocker or glove coming off but I think goalies could take advantage of the rule.

patrick kitchin

Feb 26, 2018
i was so pissed. He held the whistle in his mouth too so the POS knew that hart didn't have it but didn't want to blow it because sabres had possession. Hart even made a save and if he got hurt...bye bye deep playoff run. So stupid

I was sitting there going don't do anything stupid Hart. I'd rather they score then lose you to a broken hand or some shit.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Just watched the game, tough one, they were outplayed but good teams find ways to win when they’re playing poorly against a shitty team. Hart was great, as was Giroux and Voracek. That was our let down game and we won hopefully we can keep it rolling into Boston.

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
That was a classic 3rd game in 4 days. Really impressed that they managed to get over the line and get the points. I've always thought that the 3rd game is much harder than the back end of a back to back game.
Agreed. 9 game win streaks are something to behold.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm looking at the box score, can we talk about how an exhausted team wont 62% of faceoffs? That's impressive as hell, since faceoffs are often a team effort and about beating opposing teams to the puck.

Giroux was taught by Clarke. Giroux must be passing that knowledge on or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->