GDT: [#68] Nashville Predators @ Dallas Stars, 1:00 PM CST (FSSW, ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Back to back shutouts. Pathetic

Looking like we might actually choke our playoff spot and drop out. Preds and Wild want it more

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I have honestly no idea where the players are shooting that. The best scoring chances the Stars had are all high shots but they barely tried that. Saros is a very good goalie but Stars 2 games in a row played exactly to his strengths. Low shots are not beating him.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
6 periods of ineffective umbrella offense is pretty inexcusable from a coaching perspective. Any tactical variation should be effective when the defense retreats into a comfortable shell for so long.

This reminds me of Darryl Sutter’s Kings and the horrific offense they had.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not sure why there are any complaints about the system, 0 goals on 70 shots is on individual player's lack of effort or skill.

You mean the system isn't designed about shooting the puck directly into the opponent goalies chest?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
5 straight losses. 1 goal in the last 3 games. 2 straight shutout losses. PK has been the worst in the league for a month now. Haven't scored an even strength goal in 4 games. Have allowed 3 teams to pull to within 6 points of us, and the Wild have a chance to make that 4 teams and close the gap to 5 points today.

On the bright side I guess, we haven't given up an even strength goal in 4 games either. Also, our next 3 games are against teams that give up a lottt of goals...let's see if we can score on them

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Pretty sure the players can still hit corners in practice. There’s an abundance of skill in the NHL but sometimes the players and coaches fall into a routine late in the season that gets hard countered. The players don’t choose what to practice so it’s entirely up to the coaches to break that routine.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
5 straight losses. 1 goal in the last 3 games. 2 straight shutout losses. PK has been the worst in the league for a month now. Haven't scored an even strength goal in 4 games. Have allowed 3 teams to pull to within 6 points of us, and the Wild have a chance to make that 4 teams and close the gap to 5 points today.

On the bright side I guess, we haven't given up an even strength goal in 4 games either. Also, our next 3 games are against teams that give up a lottt of goals...let's see if we can score on them
Honestly man , this is all on execution . It doesn’t work if you don’t capitalize , there’s a fine line between winning every game and losing every game with there system . There always on a streak of some sort , there’s been more winning streaks and they’ve been longer so I’m optimistic they will get the momentum going the other way again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->