GDT: #68 | Maple Leafs @ Oilers | "Playoffs Impossible or Destiny?" | Mar 9 | 5:00 PM | CBC/SN

Which is more likely to happen this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

Game #68

Toronto Maple Leafs (41-21-5) @ Edmonton Oilers (30-30-7)
March 9 @ 5:00 PM MST
TV: CBC/SN

Oilers Lines:

RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Gagner - Draisaitl - Chiasson
Khaira - Cave - Currie
Rieder - Brodziak - Rattie

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera - Benning

Stolarz
Cameron

Maple Leafs Lines:

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Nylander
Ennis - Petan - Brown

Rielly - Hainsey
Muzzin - Zaitsev
Marincin - Ozhiganov

Andersen

-

Please vote in the poll!

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On one hand we're probably statistically due for a win against them, on the other hand we don't fare so great against offensively powerful teams that can score in bunches (ie: Toronto or Pittsburgh).

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Toronto has been the worst matchup for the Oilers for several years now. Just too fast, I'm not expecting anything good from this game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The trouble with matchups like this is we don't control our own destiny. If the Leafs play down the lineup, to their ability, they win. If the Oilers outmatch effort, and out compete, they have a chance. But its hard to believe the Leafs won't be fired up against us with their recent struggles. Babcock runs a pretty tight ship over there. Won't be any leafs that don't know they have to be better and more engaged.

Plus Leafs never have much issue getting up for McDavid.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I have a feeling the Oilers will torch the Leafs. But I've been having a lot of feelings ever since I found a gf

This will only amplify, in time, my friend. heh.

Word to the wise. If you think you've finally figured out the fairer sex, don't be too utterly convinced of it.

I mean well with this. ;)

ahhhh, enjoy the young life.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think McDavid and the Oilers will be motivated after the drubbing they received a couple weeks ago in the Center of the Universe. Might not amount to a win but a more competitive game either way. Key is going to be Koskinen in this game. He needs to be on point from 0-60. My Magic Eight Ball says --- Ask Again Later. Spike's 8Ball Knows All

Bounce.gif if we win.:m-dance:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This is the biggest auto loss in the history of auto losses! Hopefully they can keep this loss close. That's all I will ask of them :laugh:

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It ain't game day today!!
Can we start PGT as well ?

Good luck charm GDTs with polls being posted the day before the game have resulted in wins ever since @Soli and his "real" Condors GDT which broke the Condors 17 game winning streak. ;)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Good luck charm GDTs with polls being posted the day before the game have resulted in wins ever since @Soli and his "real" Condors GDT which broke the Condors 17 game winning streak. ;)

I murdered the Condor's streak for this.

Reactions: Cloned

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
All it takes is winning 13 of our last 15 games and we have a real good shot at this.

BoHylK0.jpg

Reactions: Cloned
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad