Post-Game Talk: #68: FLYERS 5 at Islanders 2, Saturday, Mar. 9, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Well of course cuz it's the Flyers. Way to continually f*** things with no logic, accountability or consistency DOP.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Jake might as well have done this

IMG_0518.GIF

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Jake should have stopped, looked around and swung his stick against Boychuk = 1 game less
At this point I have to assume the league doesn’t even watch the hits, they strictly judge based on if the player gets injured.

Raffl wasn’t injured, Boychuk was. Game over for Jake

If that’s not it then my next best guess is they use a dartboard while blindfolded.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
So Voracek gets a 2 game suspension for protecting himself from a potential injury? Malkin gets a slap on the wrist for trying to decapitate Raffl. What a crock. Can this be appealed? Maybe Hagg can make himself useful and nail Boychuk like this.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
The thing is Uncle Lou's probably on the phone before the game was over. I don't really get mad much but this is infuriating to me. what an absolute joke of a ruling.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Alright... never wanted to publish this before but will now. I was at a flyer ranger game at MSG about 8-10 years ago with a couple of ranger fans. In a luxury box and headed out with one of the friends to walk/look around. Upon going to the elevator we ran into a certain ex curly hair linesman who was retired and working in the NHL offices dealing with officiating. I said to him half-joking that he needs to tell Colin Campbell and Bettman to take it easy on the flyers after all the years of screwing them over. His answer was quite astonishing! To paraphrase...” We hate the Flyers. There is no chance we will ever let them win. When Bobby Clarke says take as a many penalties as you can, they can’t call them all. It’s a mindset the league doesn’t need”. I said to him to get his story right, it was Fred Shero who said that( I might be wrong. Lol). He laughed at us and proceeded to get in the elevator. All of this with a league jacket on.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Alright... never wanted to publish this before but will now. I was at a flyer ranger game at MSG about 8-10 years ago with a couple of ranger fans. In a luxury box and headed out wi..........

Should have popped him in his p***y mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->