GDT: [#68] Chicago Blackhawks @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bad game was bad. Just no offense and a couple of really really bad mistakes defensively . Mostly off bad plays on offense.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way did the Stars tie a game once with a goalie pulled ? I know they have goals to get closer but to tie it ? I don't think so.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This was very similar to the first Hawks game or the Rangers game ( just against a team that can score ) . If you have trouble scoring you can't give up so many odd man rushes . They pretty much all came off bad needless turnovers on offense too

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We badly needed to win this game.

We have now allowed the Hawks to stay in the race, and either they hit 69 points on Monday or the Coyotes tie us at 75 points cause they play each other.

With a win Monday the Avs could move up to 74 points

Wild can pass us on Monday as well with a win and then we play them Thursday in Minnesota. Then we come back here and play Vegas, and we all know how that game will probably go.

Just a terrible loss. This time next week we may be a few points out of a playoff spot. Ouchhh. Sucks that even through this win streak all we did was maintain our spot because the Coyotes and Wild keep winning/getting points

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also it really sucks that Jamie took that penalty. I thought he was our best player tonight

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars have really struggled with that offensive counter attack style of the Hawks in all three games they've played them. So many counter attack odd-man rushes off bad offensive plays . Even in that win in Chicago Stars gave the Hawks way too many good looks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think Ritchie and Janmark got benched tonight. I know Ritchie did but I think Janmark did too. Never saw him again after he skated the puck into the zone and turned it over behind the net as usual

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Just got back from the game. Just an awful game to watch. I can only think of about two scoring chances we had all game. Very boring game between two teams that looked bad. No hitting, no pace, and very little offense.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way how does the team play so much worse infront of Khudobin than Bishop ? He's 13-14-3 but has incredible individual stats. Just the team infront of him just doesn't play well all that often.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
By the way how does the team play so much worse infront of Khudobin than Bishop ? He's 13-14-3 but has incredible individual stats. Just the team infront of him just doesn't play well all that often.

They may be more confident in Bishop, and his puckmoving abilities help a lot as well. Khudobin creates a lot of problems for himself and the team whenever he touches the puck, and he always has wild scrambles around the net.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
By the way, this is just the 7th time all season that Chicago has held a team to 1 goal or less. First time theyve done it since December 21st. Yikes. That was 30 games ago.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They may be more confident in Bishop, and his puckmoving abilities help a lot as well. Khudobin creates a lot of problems for himself and the team whenever he touches the puck, and he always has wild scrambles around the net.

Still Khudobin lost quite a few games where he gave up two or less. Even without Bishops puckmoving the team should be able to score 2 goals to at least get it to OT. But yes the games with Khudobin in net fairly regularly are the ones where the team is outshot badly since they struggle more to move the puck out of the defensive zone without Bishops puckhandling. Hell fairly regularly Bishop prevents defensive zone time altogether since he just takes the puck away really early and stops the opposing team in its tracks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Still Khudobin lost quite a few games where he gave up two or less. Even without Bishops puckmoving the team should be able to score 2 goals to at least get it to OT. But yes the games with Khudobin in net fairly regularly are the ones where the team is outshot badly since they struggle more to move the puck out of the defensive zone without Bishops puckhandling. Hell fairly regularly Bishop prevents defensive zone time altogether since he just takes the puck away really early and stops the opposing team in its tracks.

Khudobin often times makes things more difficult for himself too it seems. Not just his puck moving but in general it just feels like he makes things more difficult than they need to be but its effective still

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Khudobin often times makes things more difficult for himself too it seems. Not just his puck moving but in general it just feels like he makes things more difficult than they need to be but its effective still

He is the backup goalie and for that he has been doing a decent job. Still Bishop should play as much games as he can handle . Give Khudobin the 3 games in the back to backs and 1 or 2 games more max. Maybe the game in Vancouver and one of Florida/Vancouver at home. In the big games the team needs Bishop imho.

Khudobins scrambly style remind me of Niemi before he became completely terrible. He does stop the puck but he also has to stop it way more often than some other goalies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also Ritchie should sit after beeing benches and just playing ~6 minutes. Thats just useless imho.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also Ritchie should sit after beeing benches and just playing ~6 minutes. Thats just useless imho.

I agree. No point in playing him if he can't be trusted defensively, offensively, or to stay out of the box.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Im still optimistic even after a flat night.

Looking at our schedule i think we will win 9 of our last 14. Which would give us 93 pts..

Looks like 90 or 91 will get you in this year so hopefully were good enough to cover.

If listed the following

@Buffalo win
@Minnesota loss
Vs Vegas win
VS Vancouver win
VS Florida win
VS colorado win
VS Pittsburgh loss
@ Winnipeg loss
@ Calgary loss
@ Edmonton win
@ Vancouver win
VS Philadelphia win
@ Chicago loss
Vs Minnesota win

It may all come down to game 82.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I hope zucc is drinking lots of milk , we sure could have used him last night .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I hope zucc is drinking lots of milk , we sure could have used him last night .

200w.gif

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We have now allowed the Hawks to stay in the race, and either they hit 69 points on Monday or the Coyotes tie us at 75 points cause they play each other.

The Hawks are 7 points behind the Wild and 9 behind the Stars. Their season is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->