GDT: #68 ⋅ ANA @ STL ⋅ 4:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
By the way, with the goals on 3 consecutive PKs, we are now at 75 allowed while shorthanded. I don’t know what the record is for a single season, but Fat Dave Farrish isn’t getting out of here unscathed; you can share a rocket pod with Fool Brown when I launch it to the moon April 19th.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leo looked very good (That penalty was BS, refs failed to call the trip on him) and got a point should have had more if we could finish better. He set up Fowler, Zell, Killorn, and Terry all with Grade A chances. This is all I care about at this point is our kids looking good. Terry and Leo look very good together. Have a decision to make when Z gets back. Wouldn’t mind seeing that line with Z on there, but Killorn has been very useful so maybe spread the skill.

PK killed us this game, we actually outscored them at ES. Much better than the last abomination of games. I really don’t like Cronin’s system or coaching. We are down by 3 goals with plenty of time left and you keep throwing out the 4th line? Come on dude.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
For picks? Yes. Picks just keep us even worse for the next 5 years until they (hopefully) make the roster.
How can we be any worse than now?

aside from maybe the hawks game, i really don't think this team is going to win another game the rest of the season
Bunch of scrubs. Lets have the season end and get ready foe the draft and start practicing with cutter

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
How can we be any worse than now?

Bunch of scrubs. Lets have the season end and get ready foe the draft and start practicing with cutter
Plugging in mediocre to bad AHL players for 4th line NHL players absolutely makes a team even worse. Forcing AHL players to play in the NHL before they’re ready can absolutely ruin their careers. The Sharks are substantially worse than we are as a roster, this team is missing key parts and has no depth. It’s not the same.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
aside from maybe the hawks game, i really don't think this team is going to win another game the rest of the season
I think it’s optimistic thinking we can beat Chicago even. They seem to somehow be a bad matchup for us. Especially if/when we take penalty after penalty.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
By the way, with the goals on 3 consecutive PKs, we are now at 75 allowed while shorthanded. I don’t know what the record is for a single season, but Fat Dave Farrish isn’t getting out of here unscathed; you can share a rocket pod with Fool Brown when I launch it to the moon April 19th.
I lol’d

Can’t see this team winning more than 3 the rest of the way. Think we’re in for another photo finish this year.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Good news is Leo looked good. Still makes rookie mistakes but we’re so much better with him than without. Really need Zegras and Mac back so we can see down the stretch what this team could look like when healthy.

This is it for me. I want to see the whole team healthy and what it could actually look like for next season. Actually figure out some chemistry to build on.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

The team technically had two new assistant coaches and one retained.

- PP coach Brown was retained.
- PK and defensive coach Brent Thompson is new.
(Last year's PK and def coach, Stothers, is a special advisor to coaching mentorship while battling cancer.)
- Asst Goalie coach David Rook helped out while Sudsie is battling cancer.

IIRC, Cronin has ties with Thompson when Cronin was with the NYI. From NY Post:
"He and Cronin were both in the Islanders’ organization from 2014-18, when Cronin was an assistant on Jack Capuano and Doug Weight’s NHL staffs."​

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
That wasnt a bad game tbh. Just need to stop drawing poopoo-penalties.
Oh, and Carlsson is really, really good.

Reactions: Kalv

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

Our worst was in 2005-06 with 84 PPG allowed. Our best, not counting shortened seasons, was 2015-16 with 37.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Good news is Leo looked good. Still makes rookie mistakes but we’re so much better with him than without. Really need Zegras and Mac back so we can see down the stretch what this team could look like when healthy.
It's quite depressing watching Leo at full speed with puck possession flying through the neutral zone and making crisp passes to his linemates, not because anything Leo is doing. But in comparison it reinforces how glacially slow the rest of the team is. And not even from a pure foot speed standpoint, but how absurdly slow they think and play the game.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I lol’d

Can’t see this team winning more than 3 the rest of the way. Think we’re in for another photo finish this year.

Thank you for the laugh, as the validation from my internet friends is what boosts my real-life self-esteem.

As far as the bolded, for second maybe, for last, no. San Jose got nothing out of the Columbus/Chicago road B2B; even as bad as we are, there’s no way the Sharks are making up 11 points over the final 15 games. I still think we’re 3rd pre-lottery when all is said and done

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Thank you for the laugh, as the validation from my internet friends is what boosts my real-life self-esteem.

As far as the bolded, for second maybe, for last, no. San Jose got nothing out of the Columbus/Chicago road B2B; even as bad as we are, there’s no way the Sharks are making up 11 points over the final 15 games. I still think we’re 3rd pre-lottery when all is said and done
If we only gain 2-3 points the rest of the way I think Chicago can catch us. But beyond that there’s not much margin for “error”

The reason SJ can’t catch us is because they don’t play us again

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If we only gain 2-3 points the rest of the way I think Chicago can catch us. But beyond that there’s not much margin for “error”

The reason SJ can’t catch us is because they don’t play us again

Ducks 49 pts
Hawks 43 pts

Ducks may not earn another point.

Hawks playing weaker teams:
Mar 21 at Ducks
Mar 23 at SJ
Mar 28 at Ott

If they win those three games and we win no games, then they tie us in points and Reg wins.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I know I’m in the minority big time with this but I still take Bedard in Chicago over San Jose every day of the week and twice on Sunday. They are a pretty big rival and while it’s kinda dormant now because we both suck, it’ll get re-ignited when the teams are good again. Honestly felt the climax of our rivalry with SJ surpassed anything we’ve ever had with LA.

Celebrini is gonna be really good but Sharks missed by one year and the Ducks are better off for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille