67's, I think they are finished

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Their season was over on Friday when they pulled a 'Sens' and let Kingston come back after a 4-2 lead, and lost in overtime. Hard to believe they didn't show up today though.

Sad end...sad season.

Good pick at least.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
My god that's embarrassing.
Hope they're better next year. What pick do they get?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Final 12-1

Byrne's last game?

I think he's done, yes. Ottawa is one of the premiere franchises in junior hockey, and there's no way that Jeff Hunt can let things continue to deteriorate like this. A 12-1 blowout in a must win game? That's on the coach. Drafting has been weak over the last few years also, which led to the dumpster fire of a record the team has had.

I figure Byrne is gone by the end of the week, and Jeff Hunt looks to reel in a somewhat big name to be coach and GM...

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
If Jeff Hunt wants the 67's to remain a marquee CHL club - which they have to be to survive in my opinion - they have to fire Byrne, plain and simple. The guy can't coach defense to save his life (or a season, as displayed today).. get a 67's alumnus in there.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
First season back at Lansdowne is all that matters.

The past 2 have been a write-off.

Still, an ugly way to lose, and a depressing time to be an Ottawa hockey fan.

Last edited:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
There was a pretty good thread going on at the dedicated OHL Board but apparently it's been closed? :amazed: I guess the mods felt there was no more room to discuss this team as a whole?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1436459&page=35

Bottom-line, this has been a dismal two years and a downright embarrassing way to end the season on Sunday. Completely unacceptable!! 67's fans were spoiled with Killer at the helm. It was almost a sure guarantee that his teams would be contenders every year. It was tough watching this sorry lot get pounded game in and game out this year. Time for a real change in Ottawa. Hunt needs to shift his focus on securing a proven Coach/GM that can get results right off the bat! Fire Byrne now!! This city and market is depending on it!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
There was a pretty good thread going on at the dedicated OHL Board but apparently it's been closed? :amazed: I guess the mods felt there was no more room to discuss this team as a whole?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1436459&page=35

Bottom-line, this has been a dismal two years and a downright embarrassing way to end the season on Sunday. Completely unacceptable!! 67's fans were spoiled with Killer at the helm. It was almost a sure guarantee that his teams would be contenders every year. It was tough watching this sorry lot get pounded game in and game out this year. Time for a real change in Ottawa. Hunt needs to shift his focus on securing a proven Coach/GM that can get results right off the bat! Fire Byrne now!! This city and market is depending on it!

Nothing to do with not having anything more to discuss. The discussion's just moved to the official off-season thread here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1626365

Rosalie

Nov 18, 2007
Montréal
Their season was over on Friday when they pulled a 'Sens' and let Kingston come back after a 4-2 lead, and lost in overtime. Hard to believe they didn't show up today though.

Sad end...sad season.

Good pick at least.

The Sens set the example... :shakehead

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Jeff Hunt probably can't wait to get back to Bank Street. Wonder how much money he lost over the last two years.

image_att_graph.php

Attendance umbers seemed to be trending downward already, but the move out to Kanata must have been brutal on the pocketbook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad