GDT: #67 - Sabres vs. Blackhawks at 8:30 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
KO talking about 41 being too many shots, while the banner says 1 hit. Hmm, maybe make them feel a little less comfy with the puck in your zone???

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I honestly can’t believe so many are fine with giving skinner 8x8. To me that’s crazy money for a guy who isn’t a driver and is a terrible playmaker. It’s not like we’re talking a 50 goal guy either, he’s likely to be a 50-60 point guy during that contract.

Do the Sabres...have...any other "50-60 point guys"? Who is going to score goals if he walks? Skinner is, historically, one of the better even-strength goal scorers in the league. The Sabres are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Let's not overthink this.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Do the Sabres...have...any other "50-60 point guys"? Who is going to score goals if he walks? Skinner is, historically, one of the better even-strength goal scorers in the league. The Sabres are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Let's not overthink this.
We've painted ourselves into having 2 top 6 NHLers, with maybe one a couple years away, if we don't re-sign Skinner. Normally you don't like to negotiate on principles like that, but normally you don't give away your 2C for piles of garbage to give yourself that situation in the first place

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Well, we are hoping to have Jack become the "Crosby" of the organization in more ways than one. We want, and are paying Jack to be a guy, that you don't NEED to pay a guy $8 million a year because of the impact he has on the ice. He's a guy that you should be able to put guys that are on ELC, and cost effective contracts on his line and they produce, and in turn you save money to invest into other areas of the team to make it better.

With Skinner, he's not a line driver, and hasn't shown sustained chemistry with anybody else. As much as I like Skinner, with the state of the Sabres, I'd rather look to continue to reinvest in our defense and our middle 6 players, because this team has shown that, one line is not going to sustain success. It's looking more and more like we need a lot more turnover in our wingers most likely in free agency and trades. Even with Skinner, we are still needing some solid winger depth in our pipeline, because outside Nylander, and possibly Olofsson, we don't have any wingers with offensive talent. I could see Asplund being used as a winger, but I think his strength is that of a center. We might have something in Davidsson. Pekar is a wild card, but not a sure thing. Weissbach could be something. But there's nothing concrete there.

Would've liked to have seen them keep Hagel who is having a solid year in the WHL (after an injury filled season). But we let his rights expire and Chicago grabbed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad