Post-Game Talk: #67 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., Mar. 7, 2018, 8:00 pm ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Weal isn't invisible.

He's very visibly a useless player. Basically a more expensive Leier most of the time.

If only someone could have predicted how hard he'd crash back to Earth after he overachieved so hard last year...

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
Weal isn't invisible.

He's very visibly a useless player. Basically a more expensive Leier most of the time.

If only someone could have predicted how hard he'd crash back to Earth after he overachieved so hard last year...

Yeah he's been a disappointment but I'm happy we gave him a shot - it gives others a glimmer of hope thinking if they perform well they'll be given a shot no matter whether Hak is here or not

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why does Weal fly under the radar for how bad he sucks?

Because he doesn't suck that bad, he's meh, a less fiesty, more skilled version of Cousins.
I mean he's better than Lehtera, Leier and Weise. Which is damning with faint praise.

But again, he was a throw-in with a 3rd in the deal that rid of us L Schenn and Vinnie.
So nothing lost, nothing much gained.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Weal hasnt had consistent decent linemates all season. Hes really in a tough spot. If they had a better 3C than Filppula for him to play with, I think he would have had a better season. Hes not a guy that can do it on his own but in the right situation can contribute.

Based on his salary he should only be a 25 point player anyway. 17 points in 60 games is off that pace but not by that much.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
Weal hasnt had consistent decent linemates all season. Hes really in a tough spot. If they had a better 3C than Filppula for him to play with, I think he would have had a better season. Hes not a guy that can do it on his own but in the right situation can contribute.

Based on his salary he should only be a 25 point player anyway. 17 points in 60 games is off that pace but not by that much.

He's got another year and he could have Frost playing with him next year.....

I mean, if we find a winger G could be back at C. G, Couts, NP and Frost. Blessed

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I mean, if we find a winger G could be back at C. G, Couts, NP and Frost. Blessed

I don't think Frosty will be with him next season, but there could be a stone cold pimp at the pivot. Right on.

YHomoG6.jpg

Reactions: FrustratedFlyer

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

G back to Center isnt gonna happen. The way the game is played now they will get the most out of Giroux and his contract by leaving him on wing.

Frost and Vorobyev could both be 3C options next year. Or Laughton could move up with Vecchione taking over at 4C

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
G back to Center isnt gonna happen. The way the game is played now they will get the most out of Giroux and his contract by leaving him on wing.

Frost and Vorobyev could both be 3C options next year. Or Laughton could move up with Vecchione taking over at 4C

With our shortage of wing options I'm happy to leave G there but just talking out aloud.

Couts
Patrick
Frost
Laughton

If Frost doesn't make it

Couts
Patrick
Laughton
Vech

But I'd rather move Laughton to wing to generate a bit more out of him and lighten his load whilst allowing game time for either Frost or Voro

Couts
Patrick
Frost
Voro / Vech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad