Post-Game Talk: #67: Hurricanes 1 at FLYERS 4, Thursday, Mar. 5, 2020, 7:00 p.m. ET

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He's been misjudging and misusing Ghost all year, so if true the problem is almost certainly AV not Ghost.

Or he might just severely overrate Hagg.

You just don’t know when to let go do you? He’s as good as gone this offseason. He’s either a cancer to be scratched as often as he has been apart from the knee issues or just not a fit in AV’s system and more likely than not a combination of both. I’d rather he stay away than provide the negligible on-ice improvement over Hagg, and disrupt the current locker room chemistry.

Reactions: renberg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If as many people around here calling Ghost a goner were actually goners themselves (even though I've accepted the fact that thos organization is too dumb to keep him), the boards would be a better place
Thinking he’s going to be traded before expansion is one thing; claiming it’s because of these completely fabricated flaws is something very different. :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'll say it:

For the last two years I said Hagg "stinks." For that time, I said Ghost should play over Hagg, but my opinion of Ghost fell off a cliff.

I now believe Hagg deserves to play over Ghost. This is due to Hagg's improvement, Ghost's steep decline, and that in the third-pairing role they offer, Hagg has been better.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Thinking he’s going to be traded before expansion is one thing; claiming it’s because of these completely fabricated flaws is something very different. :laugh:

Teams won 8 games in a row and tou still cant get off it. We're better without him, man. I sont know what to tell you. Embrace the Hogg.

Reactions: Striiker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'll say it:

For the last two years I said Hagg "stinks." For that time, I said Ghost should play over Hagg, but my opinion of Ghost fell off a cliff.

I now believe Hagg deserves to play over Ghost. This is due to Hagg's improvement, Ghost's steep decline, and that in the third-pairing role they offer, Hagg has been better.

You're basing this on absolutely unsustainable results from Hagg, results which are divorced from the processes he employs. It's not a good idea.

This happens 2-3 times a year. Every time he goes on some luck bender people proclaim that he is now serviceable, and then reality returns in a hard way. Assuming this is going to last is a big gamble, because when this guy is having normal luck and the results match how he plays, he's the kind of player who can singlehandedly cost you games.

Meanwhile Ghost has played well above the actual production, so I think I know who I'd like to gamble on once everything regresses.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Let the straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwmenningggggggg beeeeeeeeeeeginnnnnnnnnnn!

tenor.gif

Well. That was f***ing unexpected.
People, stop making stuff up only to get at one poster whose opinion on defense varies from yours. Doesn't make you look good.

Going to HF feels amazing when the contr hive takes shift..

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Ghost is an amazing player who has been sabotaged by three HCs the last two years because they're jealous of him and want to break him and turn him into an ordinary player, even if it hurts the team and costs them their jobs.

Do I have that right?

Bingo dude

AV " We play Calgary...and they are a heavy team??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????,,so Ghost is out"
I says pardon!?Umm..what? Calgary a "heavy team???" Since when??
which lead to numerous scratches

Keep in mind..this is the dman "somebody, guess who?" put in the same tier as Hedman, and the argument was....
#NEVERFORGET.....when discussing defensive attributes "Scoring wins games, don't you know bro?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Bingo dude

AV " We play Calgary...and they are a heavy team??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????,,so Ghost is out"
I says pardon!?Umm..what? Calgary a "heavy team???" Since when??
which lead to numerous scratches

Keep in mind..this is the dman "somebody, guess who?" put in the same tier as Hedman, and the argument was....
#NEVERFORGET.....when discussing defensive attributes "Scoring wins games, don't you know bro?"
I have no damn idea what you just said

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
If as many people around here calling Ghost a goner were actually goners themselves (even though I've accepted the fact that thos organization is too dumb to keep him), the boards would be a better place

I learned to just take a bong rip or two before logging in.

Makes this place a lot more fun to read, and if I get upset about something someone posts and I want to respond to them, by the time I click 'multiquote' and insert the quoted text into the textbox I have already forgetten what I even wanted to respond with and why I was upset in the first place.

Hmm... The food thread is tickling my salivary glands right now...

Edit: I don't advise any of you to use my same methodology. Drugs are HORRIBLE to use.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos

Imagine latching yourself to the 2020 version of Michael Del Zotto.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try.

Is that a strawman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad