[#67] Colorado Irritants @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
^ Honestly, don't know why one makes the other tradable.

I don't think we're really going to get a young, top 6 winger for one of them, and that's really the only thing we should be trying to acquire via trade in the next while. The rest of the holes can be filled internally or reasonably cheaply at FA.
Euro FA

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
JD shows that he's an okay hockey player every now and then.

RF is pretty dependable.

RF has a higher PPG than JD despite being tasked w/ a more defensive role.

So you're saying JD doesn't replace the guy who was voted 7th in Selke voting? Weird.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
JD shows that he's an okay hockey player every now and then.

RF is pretty dependable.

RF has a higher PPG than JD despite being tasked w/ a more defensive role.
But, he's still a 3C that is replaceable. If other teams value him highly enough, he's worth trading IMHO.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
AYEewiL.gif

check out this content

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Radulov says he overslept and showed up late and that's all there is to it

He didn't seem very happy in his post-game interview but I think it's more about him feeling bad and taking this game very seriously.

Kinda weird answers though when asked about Roope Hintz I think he said he wishes him good luck and that he is gonna be a great player someday. Talked as if he (Radulov) won't be on the team anymore or something :laugh:. Just is a weird thing to say when you're here for 3 more years

Reactions: LatvianTwist

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Faksa is a much better scorer than Dickinson. Faksa you can play with a great passing winger in a top6 role and maybe get 20+ goals out of him. Dickinson i do not think so but i think he's better purely on defense.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
So you're saying JD doesn't replace the guy who was voted 7th in Selke voting? Weird.
Hey, I'd love it if Faksa pulled a Couturier who, after four 30-point seasons, will end up with two straight 70-point seasons. For him, it happened around this time. Faksa would win the Selke every year if that happened. Or, he could wind up just another 30-point center who is good at defense. Those aren't that hard to come by.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Radulov says he overslept and showed up late and that's all there is to it

He didn't seem very happy in his post-game interview but I think it's more about him feeling bad and taking this game very seriously.

Kinda weird answers though when asked about Roope Hintz I think he said he wishes him good luck and that he is gonna be a great player someday. Talked as if he (Radulov) won't be on the team anymore or something :laugh:. Just is a weird thing to say when you're here for 3 more years
Maybe he asked for a trade? after all he's had a few different spats with Monty now

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Maybe he asked for a trade? after all he's had a few different spats with Monty now

Why would he ask for a trade after the deadline ?

I also don't see anything mentioned here. He was clearly annoyed by the topic. He just wanted to get it behind him because he seemed ashamed of his mistake.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I really hope not/kinda doubt it. Would be an unusual time. I think he was just trying to be very serious and professional

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hey, I'd love it if Faksa pulled a Couturier who, after four 30-point seasons, will end up with two straight 70-point seasons. For him, it happened around this time. Faksa would win the Selke every year if that happened. Or, he could wind up just another 30-point center who is good at defense. Those aren't that hard to come by.
Faksa isn't going to breakout like Couturier. He's just a defense-first 35 point C- which has more value to the team than the trade market.

Dickinson is a ........ 20 point player, with no specialties.

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia

Faksa was the only 30 point center who got votes for the Selke last season besides Sissons who came in 14th and only had 27 points.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Based on what criteria is RF replaceable?
So far, IMHO, he is no more than a 30-point center who is really good at defense. If that's his ceiling, he's basically Steve Ott and replaceable. If other teams overvalue him, cash in on it. However, as I mentioned in another post, if the front office thinks he's about to turn the corner in a big way like Couturier did after his four 30-point seasons, then obviously hang onto him. It would be a no-brainer.

Reactions: Erebor

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Why would he ask for a trade after the deadline ?

I also don't see anything mentioned here. He was clearly annoyed by the topic. He just wanted to get it behind him because he seemed ashamed of his mistake.
It's quite easy to go in and say, "I'm done dealing with this idiot, I want out." And the TD has nothing to do with it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

The Stars currently only have two 30 pt centers that are good at defense: Seguin and Faksa. I would disagree with your statement that they are easy to replace, otherwise we would have four.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's quite easy to go in and say, "I'm done dealing with this idiot, I want out." And the TD has nothing to do with it.

I doubt the scratch was even just on Monty considering it happened way before he was hired to other players. Radulov likely just wants to get this stupid thing behind him and concentrate on hockey.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->