Post-Game Talk: #67: Capitals at FLYERS, Wednesday, Mar. 6, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Those advocating the Richards and Carter trades as good moves that were orchestrated by Holmgren. Think again those players had a huge hand in being dealt. Ever hear of Dry Island? They had to go. But yes the returns became the core of this team except for G.

As for Hextall over baking talent? Provy, TK, Patty. Yeah he over baked every prospect.

As I've said both Holmgren and Hextall had their pluses and minuses. Hextall was the right Game when he had promoted. He got fired for not listening to his bosses and also having his move this year get a freak injury. Project JvR over a full season. It's exactly what they wanted. Too bad he missed so many games.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Dude, you are missing the point. I asked you why Hex never traded for a roster improvement, you answered he was never in a position to do so. I take issue with the fact that you think there are times to improve the roster, and times to not improve the roster.

Homer improved the last place team when he traded for Coburn. He has the ability to make Zhitnik for Coburn trades, which is a skill NHL gm's need.

Hex tried to make a Zhitnik for Coburn trade when he traded Striet for Filpula. He failed, because he does not posses the skill to make a Zhitnik for Coburn trade.

These are facts. Homer can make Zhitnik for Coburn trades; Hex cannot. Stop saying Hex's only fault is choosing a coach.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I wouldn't want Hextall or Holmgren to be the GM right now but I'm not sure I want it to be Fletcher either.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Dude, you are missing the point. I asked you why Hex never traded for a roster improvement, you answered he was never in a position to do so. I take issue with the fact that you think there are times to improve the roster, and times to not improve the roster.

Homer improved the last place team when he traded for Coburn. He has the ability to make Zhitnik for Coburn trades, which is a skill NHL gm's need.

Hex tried to make a Zhitnik for Coburn trade when he traded Striet for Filpula. He failed, because he does not posses the skill to make a Zhitnik for Coburn trade.

These are facts. Homer can make Zhitnik for Coburn trades; Hex cannot. Stop saying Hex's only fault is choosing a coach.

We're just going in circles now. I already explained this... if you choose to ignore it, that's on you.

And your comparison of those trades... wow.

So I guess we're done here. :damnpc:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->