OT: 66th Obsequious Banter Thread: Get your kicks in thread 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Dude. LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Last Saturday morning at around 10:45 I was sitting here watching the end of the Southampton-Tottenham match. It was raining outside and there was like a slight storm, but hardly any thunder at all - seriously, about three thunder sounds the whole time. But all of a sudden there was this ****ing crash and this big flash right outside the windows down here, and the flash wasn't just bright ****ing light, right, but it had like a reddish or ****ing pinkish light around the edge of it - I've never heard or seen anything like it. I went upstairs because it sounded like it blew the top of the ****ing house off, no joke. It didn't, the house was fine, but mother****er:

* It knocked out the DISH network stuff. We called them and they got out here by later that same day and the TV stuff was fine. The strike fried the ****ing DISH box.

* It knocked out the ****ing water. All of the indoor plumbing is the same as you would have in a normal place in the city or suburbs, but it comes from a well and there is an electronic pump or some **** that gets it inside. The strike knocked out some electrical thing down there and the guy couldn't come out until Monday to fix it, so we had to go outside to this pump that still worked and had to bring in buckets of water to pour in the toilet tank to be able to flush the ****ing things. The water was on next door in the house we are renovating, so we could shower there. But mother****er.

* The coup de grace was that it knocked out the ****ing internet. I guess when they moved out here, the only option was Hughes Net, the satellite ****s. Holy ****, these ****ing ****s. We called them that day, last Saturday, and they wouldn't send me a new router. I had to basically break down the guy's will to live and debunk his entire company's goofy philosophy before he agreed to do it. He said he could send a technician out to check everything, and thus everything would be free, but if he sent me a new router, it would cost $195. They couldn't send a guy until ****ing THURSDAY, if you can believe that ****, and I had to explain to him that it made no sense to not charge me if they sent a guy out (a guy they would have to pay) and charge me if they DIDN'T have to send a guy out here. I just kept beating him down with logic and pleas and belittling and everything else you can imagine and eventually he agreed that they would waive the ****ing fee.

Well, the ****ing router arrived Monday and it didn't fix anything. So I had to call the ****ing ****s back and we got cut off twice, and when that happens you have to call back and go through the whole automated switchboard bull**** again. I mean, you guys know how super patient and calm I am normally, but I was just layering apoplexies like a ****ing thermonuclear superonion. I finally, finally got the ****ing ****s to stay on the line long enough to tell me they could make an appointment ... FOR THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY! So I was without internet for a ****ing week.

So I just got back on a few minutes ago. Mother****ers. I have seen all our games and everything. Now the only thing left is an enormous battle to see whether I can find enough patience and energy to launch a PR crusade against ****ing Hughes Net. These mother****ers, man, I swear to ****ing Jobu ...
I can feel your anger through the screen.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Man. You just went full on huh?

For beer that is regularly available around philly, Maine beer co is top notch. Lunch is awesome—still waiting to find dinner somewhere to try.

(@Starat327 look at this guy bringing the A game)

Yeah we got a little silly last night. Did 2018 & 2019 KBS, 2018 CBS, 2014 Old Rasputin along with those IPAs I posted

Also had Lawson's Sip of Sunshine which I thought was very overrated

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Yeah we got a little silly last night. Did 2018 & 2019 KBS, 2018 CBS, 2014 Old Rasputin along with those IPAs I posted

Also had Lawson's Sip if Sunshine which I thought was very overrated
These northeastern breweries are really upping distribution to the mid Atlantic it seems. Sip was good, nothing to write home about. Heady is worth the hype for me—their other offerings are good to above average but nothing mind blowing. It’s nice not to have to road trip up to Vermont to get these—alchemist and hill farmstead are both becoming findable. I’m waiting for the big ones in Massachusetts to start matching this—would love to walk in somewhere and find some treehouse or trillium in a fridge.

The stouts and the Maine stuff are all favorites of mine as well.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Man. You just went full on huh?

For beer that is regularly available around philly, Maine beer co is top notch. Lunch is awesome—still waiting to find dinner somewhere to try.

(@Starat327 look at this guy bringing the A game)

Also had Lawson's Sip of Sunshine which I thought was very overrated

Not a bad haul. Maybe one of these days well need to organize a HF bottle share, seems like weve got a few enthusiasts here.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Dude. LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Last Saturday morning at around 10:45 I was sitting here watching the end of the Southampton-Tottenham match. It was raining outside and there was like a slight storm, but hardly any thunder at all - seriously, about three thunder sounds the whole time. But all of a sudden there was this ****ing crash and this big flash right outside the windows down here, and the flash wasn't just bright ****ing light, right, but it had like a reddish or ****ing pinkish light around the edge of it - I've never heard or seen anything like it. I went upstairs because it sounded like it blew the top of the ****ing house off, no joke. It didn't, the house was fine, but mother****er:

* It knocked out the DISH network stuff. We called them and they got out here by later that same day and the TV stuff was fine. The strike fried the ****ing DISH box.

* It knocked out the ****ing water. All of the indoor plumbing is the same as you would have in a normal place in the city or suburbs, but it comes from a well and there is an electronic pump or some **** that gets it inside. The strike knocked out some electrical thing down there and the guy couldn't come out until Monday to fix it, so we had to go outside to this pump that still worked and had to bring in buckets of water to pour in the toilet tank to be able to flush the ****ing things. The water was on next door in the house we are renovating, so we could shower there. But mother****er.

* The coup de grace was that it knocked out the ****ing internet. I guess when they moved out here, the only option was Hughes Net, the satellite ****s. Holy ****, these ****ing ****s. We called them that day, last Saturday, and they wouldn't send me a new router. I had to basically break down the guy's will to live and debunk his entire company's goofy philosophy before he agreed to do it. He said he could send a technician out to check everything, and thus everything would be free, but if he sent me a new router, it would cost $195. They couldn't send a guy until ****ing THURSDAY, if you can believe that ****, and I had to explain to him that it made no sense to not charge me if they sent a guy out (a guy they would have to pay) and charge me if they DIDN'T have to send a guy out here. I just kept beating him down with logic and pleas and belittling and everything else you can imagine and eventually he agreed that they would waive the ****ing fee.

Well, the ****ing router arrived Monday and it didn't fix anything. So I had to call the ****ing ****s back and we got cut off twice, and when that happens you have to call back and go through the whole automated switchboard bull**** again. I mean, you guys know how super patient and calm I am normally, but I was just layering apoplexies like a ****ing thermonuclear superonion. I finally, finally got the ****ing ****s to stay on the line long enough to tell me they could make an appointment ... FOR THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY! So I was without internet for a ****ing week.

So I just got back on a few minutes ago. Mother****ers. I have seen all our games and everything. Now the only thing left is an enormous battle to see whether I can find enough patience and energy to launch a PR crusade against ****ing Hughes Net. These mother****ers, man, I swear to ****ing Jobu ...
Welcome back :laugh:

I thought you just weren't posting because of this stupid team, stupid coach, and stupid everything... which would have been understandable too.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Not a bad haul. Maybe one of these days well need to organize a HF bottle share, seems like weve got a few enthusiasts here.

I'm not quite an enthusiast yet. The guys I play spades/cards with are super into it. I try to bring some decent stuff that with me more as an appetizer until they start breaking out the heavy hitters. I'll try to get a pic of my one buddies collection next time I'm over there.

Reactions: Starat327

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I'm not quite an enthusiast yet. The guys I play spades/cards with are super into it. I try to bring some decent stuff that with me more as an appetizer until they start breaking out the heavy hitters. I'll try to get a pic of my one buddies collection next time I'm over there.
You’re on the right path. Drinking the same stuff all the time gets boring. Just like any consumable, there is so much good stuff out there, ya gotta be willing to try.

Reactions: Peter Man

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Dude. LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Welcome back Cap!!!

Also, I'm pretty sure the bolded sounds like alien abduction. They erased your memory of what happened after the bright light, but check your ass for post-probing symptoms (basically, what we all felt during the Hak era).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Nice to have you back and know nothing bad happened to ya!

But now on to important matters....thought on The Bachelor????? What about Temptation Island?

"Temptation Island" is perfection and I never want it to end.

"The Bachelor" ending was so disappointing - I wanted her to stick to her guns so bad. I also wanted her father to weigh in again - he wasn't likable at all, but he was probably the best parent who has ever been on that show.

Reactions: Tripod

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
IMG_20190315_131438_313.jpg

A little Lucky Charms IPA from Levante

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Favorite st Patrick’s Day movies and booze? Go!!

(The departed and harp lager for me)
leprechaun movies, and i guess wine. since i have three cases of the stuff now. i had an order that wasn't right, so they sent the right order, after i called and complained, they said keep the other case. now i got 36 bottles of wine to drink. i guess keeping your customers drunk is a good ploy for repeat business.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Dude. LIGHTNING STRIKE!

thought it might be internet problems, or you were kidnapped and forced into the sex slave trade thing in the far east somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad