GDT: #66 | Oilers @ Sabres | "McDavid vs. Eichel VI" | Mar 4 | 5:00 PM | SN

Who should the Oilers call up from Bakersfield this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I need that new Gesaffelstein album, damn.

Hopefully we see some more McPoints!

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
I voted Benson. Give him a couple of games to bring in NHL money, and allow him to see what he needs to work on to be an effective NHLer.

Reactions: markusschoen76

North

Jun 25, 2009
I was going to say no one in the poll but I think Gambardella deserves a few more games with some real minutes. I also would like to see Lagesson and Benson get a couple of games so they can see what the next level is like to help them get ready for next training camp.

Reactions: Cloned

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Now that Bakersfield's streak is over I think it would be smart to give some of these guys a taste at the NHL level. Marody and Benson have been productive all season, they deserve a call up. Yam has played more games in the AHL this year than he has in Edmonton. I wouldn't be upset to see him back. Developing these guys properly is important but I think part of strong development is giving them an opportunity after they've paid their dues. It's also important to get a read on what we have going into next year.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
How much of a bonus is salary do those guys get when called up?
I believe it's paid on days on the active roster. Someone like Gambardella is probably making ~3.5-4K per day he's called up. When you consider he's making 70Kfor the whole season in the minors, any time up here is obviously a big deal financially. He did get $50K in bonuses in the summer which doesn't factor in.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
8 points back of the wildcard spots with a game in hand on Minnesota. Would be a miraculous run if they managed to make it this year, especially with the Coyotes going hot right now.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
8 points back of the wildcard spots with a game in hand on Minnesota. Would be a miraculous run if they managed to make it this year, especially with the Coyotes going hot right now.

That's okay, hopefully the Coyotes can beat a few teams to assist Edmonton making it if theres a chance. I don't believe the yotes can maintain.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Call up Gambardella, if we call up anyone.

If he would have played as many games at the guy in 1st place, he would be tied for 1st place in the AHL for goals. That's pretty amazing for a 2nd year pro.

It's one of the few times where "he's pacing" arguments make sense because he's been scoring like this the entire season. He just missed some games to play with the minor league team in Edmonton.

Call him up and give him more than 5 minutes a game. One game he got 2 minutes. Sweet coaching.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Minnesota has a very tough schedule otherwise this one would be 100% over.

Reactions: LaGu

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Minnesota has a very tough schedule otherwise this one would be 100% over.

Its like 99.999% over anyway. We're 8 points back with 18 games to play... if Minnesota shits the bed and plays .386 hockey (ie the senators pace) they'll get 13 points. That's 21 points in 18 games we need. Minimum we'd need .600 points percentage (aka the preds pace).

Problem is we have to leapfrog 3 teams, and at least one of them will maintain a .6 pace, which is 20 points plus whatever we're behind. So essentially we need 20 points plus a minimum of 5 if we luck out and its Colorado that pops off. Which is 25 points in 18 games, or a .777 points percentage... which is the lightnings pace.

Or... to put it another way, we essentially need to go 3-1-2 in three straight runs of games to MAYBE make it. MAYBE.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Its like 99.999% over anyway. We're 8 points back with 18 games to play... if Minnesota ****s the bed and plays .386 hockey (ie the senators pace) they'll get 13 points. That's 21 points in 18 games we need. Minimum we'd need .600 points percentage (aka the preds pace).

Problem is we have to leapfrog 3 teams, and at least one of them will maintain a .6 pace, which is 20 points plus whatever we're behind. So essentially we need 20 points plus a minimum of 5 if we luck out and its Colorado that pops off. Which is 25 points in 18 games, or a .777 points percentage... which is the lightnings pace.

Or... to put it another way, we essentially need to go 3-1-2 in three straight runs of games to MAYBE make it. MAYBE.
No one is delusional about the numbers, even the Oilers themselves know that if they're gonna make it they need to have a 8-9 game winning streak and then some.

Reactions: Cypress and LaGu

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Its like 99.999% over anyway. We're 8 points back with 18 games to play... if Minnesota ****s the bed and plays .386 hockey (ie the senators pace) they'll get 13 points. That's 21 points in 18 games we need. Minimum we'd need .600 points percentage (aka the preds pace).

If it does happen, it’s more likely because they went on a 9 game point streak or something like that.

They need to get points in something like 13 out of 17 games. It’s definitely unlikely.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
I’m as negative about this team as they come, but they need to believe in themselves and we need to believe in them. This seventeen game stretch is basically our playoffs. If we make it, that’s like winning a cup for me.

Ugh. This positivity feels gross.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad