Post-Game Talk: #66: FLYERS 4 at Islanders 1, Sunday, Mar. 3, 2019, 3:00 pm ET

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Voracek is the first line forward version of gudas (ironic because they’re both Czech). They sometimes look ugly as hell doing it, but they get the job done and produce.

Lol. You’re correct... sometimes it is ugly, but they’d always get the job done.

i like that lindblom line as well but this wouldn't be bad too:

g-patrick-voracek
lindblom-couts-tk

gets the top line a left handed guy and the 2nd a rightie. not that it matters much but it still looks nice

That does look like a more diversified and well rounded Top 6. One thing that scares me about it is the lack of speed on the 1st Line. It’s not like the Lindblom-Couts-Voracek lines is running around out there, but they’re so responsible in their defensive assignment that they make up for it.

Le Oranje

Sep 20, 2010
Travo "Bridge Deal" Sandheim is on pace for 11 goals and 36 points -- which might undersell his current hot streak and usage -- despite playing on the 3rd pair half the season and seeing inconsistent PP2 time.

WHERE'S YOUR JAMMIES, HAKSTOK?!

Travis Sanheim aka Young La Flame

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
What a great game for this team, and at such a pivotal time! Checked soooo many boxes:
  • stood up to a physical Isles team, and even scored primarily using their physical game; very important for them to prove to themselves that they can take it to the net, make the strong play, and succeed. TK, Sanheim.Laughton...every one a deserved goal based on not being afraid to mix it up, and as it gets down to the end, these types of games will be more frequent than during the regualr season as teams tighten up their play pursing playoff spots
  • solid defense; yes, quite a few more shots than necessary, but they cleaned everything up after theat, rebounds, checks followed by good puck decisions, just such a confidence building game
  • goaltending? I mean, Elliot was great while the Flyers were getting into it, and continued to make solid stops throughout
  • And c'mon, barring Patrick's injury...that was entertaining to watch
  • will face this same team 2 more times! the blueprint for success has been established, and since the Isles might get into cruise (as opposed to the other division rivals)...what's not to like?
  • simply put...every player can feel good about their game, and where they're headed.
Let's see if a F is called up, and if he plays, I dunno but the 11 F setup seems to allow them to load their lines pretty nicely, and 7 D is working too, however awkward it is.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I just don't see how this team makes the playoffs. 5 points is a lot to make up for at this stage.

Reactions: orangecrush8

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I just don't see how this team makes the playoffs. 5 points is a lot to make up for at this stage.
We'll definitely need some help, but I think teams like Montreal and Carolina are capable of losing a few in a row.

We really should've won that game in Montreal though. That game was huge and may have made the difference in the end.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Better late than never...

Official three stars:

1. Giroux
  2. Elliott
  3. Provorov

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They're the same amount of points behind WC1 (Metro champ opponent) as they are from WC2 (Tampa opponent) and only 1 further point behind 3rd place in the Metro.

If they're in a race just to get in, they're in a race for a divisional spot, too.
Good point. Islanders, Carolina, Columbus, Pittsburgh, or even Washington would be a MUCH more comfortable matchup than Tampa Bay.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m not blaming Hak for missing the playoffs. That man knew what he was doing to create a boring machine. He had horrible goaltending. Still hung in there. Not my type of coach, but way better than the idiot he’s portrayed.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
As I said during the game...

I LOVE WHAT TK IS DOING WITH OUR DIVISION RIVALS.

Fights, hard hits, hard battles, hard speaking with oponnents. He is creating rivality with these teams and it's ****ing great! We need that. I want that. It would be great if our young core (Provorov, Myers, Konecny, Patrick, Oskar.....) have some rivality with these ****ing teams...

GO TK GO!

It would be an unexpected benifit of trading Simmonds if TK and maybe Patrick played with more of an edge which they play a lot better under. Hartman plus fire TK and Patrick is a good return for Simmonds.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->