GDT: [#66] Edmonton Oilers @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FSSW, Sportsnet West)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well our best penalty killer was in the box and the guy who was out there for him made a mistake.

Reactions: Kipper 17

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I mean everyone can blame Johns but this is all on Gurianov.
Nobody else(Even Cogliano) gets walked/ makes that dive that causes the penalty.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Has Johns been playing any PK since he's been back? I thought it was always Lindell, Miro, Oleksiak, Sekera and Polak. Why was he even out there? I think I would have just stuck Miro out there with Sekera.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Edmonton announcers doing their best to not mention the fact that Johns missing the puck led to the goal. Got to praise Chiasson.

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
This game should have been long gone for the stars in regulation.

Bad for Johns because he have a strong overall game.

Gurianov in 3vs3 its not a good idea. Hintz should have been a better fit out there with Dicky.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Starting Guryanov against McDavid was bold

Worked well all game and here comes OT and it's apparently RNH we should've been worried about the whole time :sarcasm:

Dickinson-Gurianov-Lindell was the right move though imo. Or Hintz and Dickinson. Didn't work out in the end but it was worth a shot

Reactions: The Tourist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you can’t score more than 1 goal with 40+ shots you don’t deserve to win the game.

What the f*** does this team have to do to make the shots go in? Is it just bad luck? Is there something systematically wrong?

Even when we seem to actually have a good offensive game, we just don’t seem to get anything to work.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They should've done more with the 6 powerplays . 1/6 isn't good even against one of the best penalty killing teams.

Best chance for the Oilers to win was the special teams battle and they won that. Stars had a ton of chances and shots but couldn't put in more than 1 . Koskinen was really good. Somehow he is allways great against the Stars. Even last year when he sucked against everyone else he was great against us.

Well nothing you can do about it. At least they salvaged one point out of this . No point whining about it now.

On to Nashville.

The OT start with Dicky and Gurianov was bold and didn't work out. Sadly.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I really don't get how a team can have far and away the 2 best scorers in the game and the best PP and best PK league wide and only are middle of the pack team. How is this even possible Oilers?

Reactions: Kipper 17

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
In this case it's just one of those games where you thoroughly outplay the other team but run into a combo of a hot goalie and no puckluck. I think if this game was replayed another 9 times and each team displays the same kind of intensity, you win those other 9.

We (Oilers) didn't deserve any points at all tonight, Koskinen, and to a lesser point RNH and Larsson, were the only ones who really showed up. Easier said than done but I'd try not to dwell on the final result too hard, you guys shut down arguably the best 2 forwards in the game, one of the hottest lines in the league, and for a team that's 24th in the league for SOG you dominated.

Good game folks, if tonight is any indication I hope we don't have to play you in the playoffs.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
I really don't get how a team can have far and away the 2 best scorers in the game and the best PP and best PK league wide and only are middle of the pack team. How is this even possible Oilers?

Team didn't really start taking off until January - we were strictly a 1-line team until Yamamoto got called up. That and our defense is really not deep enough (neither Jones nor Benning should be in the league consistently imo) and goaltenders that can be pretty streaky. Koskinen has games like this but then has games that are composed entirely of brainfarts - Smith too. If they played like tonight all the time we'd be competing for top in the west imo, despite our defensive issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->