Prospect Info: 65th Pick Jonas Rondbjerg (2017)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I don't think that's the way to think about it. It's a different game and one that's suited to adjustment for Euro players. It's not common but I think it should be. Take the first step by going to a level where your skills can translate but you first have to handle the physical game. It's really different when you don't have easy lanes to avoid contact or obstruction. Having gone to some ECHL games and a few Swiss games that's the undeniable difference. Swiss game defenders give you that perimeter to run around with, no one is going to chase you to the boards. ECHL defenses are always lining you up. Handle that aspect and the rest of the game is easy.

I agree with your line of thinking. I actually enjoy non-blue chip prospects having to start from the bottom and prove with their play they deserve a promotion. The ECHL is more physical than both the NHL and AHL. If he can crack it against a bunch of goons, then theres potential there.

I'm just saying, historically, being in the ECHL implies you are an extreme longshot to make the show, or even carve out a long AHL career.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Yeah, it seems like the logical progression is: Draft, return to the league you played in Juniors/KHL/Swedish League for seasoning, then AHL, then either waivers or NHL.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
No real updates. Expansion media can influence the owner into firing the coach because he's a bit bristly, but can't be arsed to find out what's going on with prospects.

I cringe every time I see Ken quoted.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He's a bit more responsible in his own end than the other kids right now. He doesn't bring much offense, but apparently he's a really nice young man.

I would compare him to a poor man's Janmark.
Thanks, do you think there's any chance he sticks around for the season? Or it's just until Roy, Carrier, Tuch come back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->