65th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where everyone gets a passing grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Don't worry, I know who they are and thoroughly enjoy them. That was a reference to when they won best album a few years back for The Suburbs. Twitter blew up with dumb people who had no clue who they were.

See here: Who Is Arcade Fire??!!?

Really? I honestly didn't start listening to them until about 2014. So i wasn't around when all that happened. They're just SO damn good. Even their last album, which had a black hole in the center of it, was still loaded with phenomenal songs.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Really? I honestly didn't start listening to them until about 2014. So i wasn't around when all that happened. They're just SO damn good. Even their last album, which had a black hole in the center of it, was still loaded with phenomenal songs.
Yeah, it was pretty hilarious to watch it all unfold if you knew the band. It definitely was a surprise, but obviously well deserved.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I've decided these are the best bands alive:

Arcade Fire, Gorillaz, Vampire Weekend, The Roots

Best Solo Acts:
Sufjan Stevens, Bleachers

I've been listening to A LOT of music lately haha

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I've decided these are the best bands alive:

Arcade Fire, Gorillaz, Vampire Weekend, The Roots

Best Solo Acts:
Sufjan Stevens, Bleachers

I've been listening to A LOT of music lately haha

I'm definitely on board with Bleachers. Nothing like throwing Jack and AJR on a playlist, windows down, and taking back roads to the beach.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm definitely on board with Bleachers. Nothing like throwing Jack and AJR on a playlist, windows down, and taking back roads to the beach.

He also wrote the Lorde album, a lot of songs for fun., Swift, Lana Del Ray, St Vincent, etc.

Guy is a damn genius

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I stumbled upon a list of cult films on Wikipedia and spent my break checking off all the ones I've seen in their entirety. There's a lot of popular movies on it like The Dark Knight but I guess Heath Ledger's performance has given it a cultish enough following to be on there. Regardless I checked off about 433 movies and I probably own 70% of them. I wondered how many movies I own and it has to be at least 500 according to this list!

I added the Critters and Wishmaster collections to this year's Christmas/birthday list so that could be eight more. :naughty:
Chud. Killer clowns from outer space. It’s early, I’m drawing a blank on more for you to watch.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Chud. Killer clowns from outer space. It’s early, I’m drawing a blank on more for you to watch.
I've owned those forever. :laugh: I even have CHUD II on one of those 6-in-1 disks. Before LionsGate started releasing the special Vestron Collector's Series titles they'd put a bunch of Vestron's old titles on those bundles like Chopping Mall, Blood Diner, CHUD 2, Waxwork and Ghoulies 3. Aside from Ghoulies 3 (we had Ghoulies 2 instead) we used to have free posters for all those other ones when we were kids. Once again, I wish we saved all those damn things and took care of them but we were kids and didn't know any better.

Reactions: Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just jumping in on this Arcade Fire convo..

Ive been a big fan since 2008 or so. Funeral is one of my favorite all-time albums and a modern classic. Neon Bible and The Suburbs are fantastic too. Their latest? Major step in the wrong direction.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
attack of the killer tomatoes, phantasm, dr. phibes.
I looked up The Phantasm Collection on blu-ray since I'm asking for Don Coscarelli's new book thinking it'd be like $60 tops and its over $200!!!! WTF are they thinking??? It'd have to come with a working sphere to get me to pay that much!

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Just jumping in on this Arcade Fire convo..

Ive been a big fan since 2008 or so. Funeral is one of my favorite all-time albums and a modern classic. Neon Bible and The Suburbs are fantastic too. Their latest? Major step in the wrong direction.

I agree that its maybe their worst album, but i hardly consider it a step in the wrong direction.

The problem with that album is that arguably their 3 worst songs are back to back to back on that record.

BUT Put Your Money On Me is a phenomenal song. Electric Blue, Good God Damn, Everything Now and Don't Deserve Love are great, too.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My god peta lol

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad