GDT: #65 - Sabres vs. Leafs at 7 PM ET on MSG-B, NHLN, and WGR

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Wow, last nights OT not withstanding, this team is pretty much an embarrassment on the ice.

Not sure I'm going to wear my Sabre's gear to next week's game vs. the Avalanche...

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
You won’t get back an equal or as you believe a better return. Won’t happen.

Yeah, Quebec probably thought that when they traded Lindros.

Again, nobody should be safe.

Nobody.

And every possible way to improve this sorry ass franchise needs to be explored.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Not sure why you would ridicule him passing along the shots. Something that takes place every single game throughout the game. It’s about as innocuous as you can get.

Wow, someone's a little defensive tonight! If I could give you my last few beers to help ease your tormented soul I would!

Just kidding, no one is touching my last four......:thumbu:

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I can live with the plan to keep the group down there. But I don’t like thta the group down there doesn’t include Thompson and the group up here doesn’t include CJ Smith or O’Regan (based largely on age)

Should be a loss or 2 away from them "giving up" on the playoffs and maybe getting a callup or 2

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yeah, Quebec probably thought that when they traded Lindros.

Again, nobody should be safe.

Nobody.

And every possible way to improve this sorry ass franchise needs to be explored.

Can we trade Housley, Botts and Pegula? Cause otherwise you are a braver man than most to think Eichel or Dahlin will be dealt wisely.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Should be a loss or 2 away from them "giving up" on the playoffs and maybe getting a callup or 2
Don’t care that much about token call ups at this point. Let the group in Rochester keep this season rolling. They are winning big games right now. That’s a learning experience and a step up from what they could do last year. Keep them away from this cesspool.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Don’t care that much about token call ups at this point. Let the group in Rochester keep this season rolling. They are winning big games right now. That’s a learning experience and a step up from what they could do last year. Keep them away from this cesspool.

Id think they would at least want to give Nylander and Olofsson a couple games just to see...but your point is a good one

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY

Yeah. Keep the winners winning. Form a core down there. Bring them up when they’re ripe.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Doubling down on Leenus may mean we're already there. I'm def down with 'next year' mode, cuz I'm not Terry Pegula's accountant, and I don't care about playoff revenues. Imo, owner's can't afford to be cheap anymore. If you're a budget team you'll end up like Ottawa.

Reactions: Ralonzo

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Id think they would at least want to give Nylander and Olofsson a couple games just to see...but your point is a good one
I’d love to see them get a couple games as well. Mostly because it would give a reason to watch. But I can live with it not happening as well.

Reactions: Daz28

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Dude! Stella and one Mich Ultra in the crisper! Mrs. Hodge gets those when she's not mad at me for watching too much hockey and comes back!! :snide:
STELLA! Got to admit not looking in the crisper was a rookie mistake. 37% of crispers in WNY contain stash beers we got drunk and forgot about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad