Do The Pens Win Tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Maybe because a majority of the stuff said about Murray by Penguins fans is "smash my head against a wall" level of stupid? There's a thought. The vast majority of criticisms about Murray are absolutely absurd and just comes from Penguins fans being way overcritical of goalies.

Yohe is a beat writer, his job is to report the facts. I don't care what his opinion is, especially when he has a serious problem of pandering to idiot yinzers.

vztc6Bw.gif

Reactions: Empoleon8771

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thread requested to be live btw. Should get that up and running shortly. :)

If you want to sub to the live threads (basically you don't have to refresh. New posts will populate on their own), please see this thread here:

Live Threads Feature

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Maybe because a majority of the stuff said about Murray by Penguins fans is "smash my head against a wall" level of stupid? There's a thought.

Yohe is a beat writer, his job is to report the facts. I don't care what his opinion is, especially when he has a serious problem of pandering to idiot yinzers.

Considering the GM coach some media members and lots of fans have complained about Murray and his consistency i'd say their is lots of deserved criticism to the Pens goalies this year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Considering the GM coach some media members and lots of fans have complained about Murray and his consistency i'd say their is lots of deserved criticism to the Pens goalies this year.

Source for the GM and coach?

If you really think that the idiot Pittsburgh media or idiot yinzer fans complaining about Murray means that their complaints are valid, I don't know what to tell you. That's a blatant "appeal to majority" logical fallacy. Statistically, complaining about Murray and his consistency is absolutely absurd:

-He has been above a .900 save% in 7 of his last 10 games, one of the 3 he wasn't above a .900 save% was the outdoor game in which it was pouring outside. He has also given up 3 or fewer goals in 7 of his last 10 games.
-In 2019, Murray has had quality starts (starts above league average save%) in 10 of 17 starts. That's a .588 quality start%, which is way above average. Even taking out all games from the winning streak, he's at a .538 quality start%, which is still above average.

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Didn't Price play last night? I wonder if Sully was assuming we'd get the backup tonight.

I can't understand playing Murray tonight given his play in back to backs.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Source for the GM and coach?

If you really think that the idiot Pittsburgh media or idiot yinzer fans complaining about Murray means that their complaints are valid, I don't know what to tell you. That's a blatant "appeal to majority" logical fallacy.

JR said it in a article recently, i think it was with Yohe.

I'm not able to look for it now, but somebody else might have it.

Sully also said it recently, i think it might of been after the outdoor game when somebody asked him his thoughts on where Murray's game was.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Didn't Price play last night? I wonder if Sully was assuming we'd get the backup tonight.

I can't understand playing Murray tonight given his play in back to backs.

Murray has had 1 bad start in his career in the second start of back to back games, it was a game against Winnipeg last year where he gave up 4 goals on 9 shots. Outside of that, he stopped 28 of 30 shots on April 3rd, 2016 and 28 of 31 shots on April 1st, 2018. This is only his 4th back to back starts in his career.

He doesn't have much of a sample size either against Montreal (only 3 games as well) or in the 2nd of back to back games. To me, this is just playing your starting goalie in a must-win game.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'll be OK with the result either way if they play like they did last night. I really think if they maintain that level of play, they'll get into the playoffs one way or another. Especially if they can play like that and get Latang and Dumo back.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Losing to the Flyers or Montreal legit makes me break things in the house. I don’t care how it’s done, just find a way to win please.
Sound like my brother, but he does it for losing at video games, especially if it is against me. He probably went through over a hundred console controllers in his life. No joke.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
I'll be OK with the result either way if they play like they did last night. I really think if they maintain that level of play, they'll get into the playoffs one way or another. Especially if they can play like that and get Latang and Dumo back.
100%

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah what is up with the local media dumping on Murray any chance they get?

This is the same group of people that were falling on their knees to praise Yinzer Jesus MAF all the time.

Guess Murray doesn’t smile enough.

Thing is, Murray has had like 3 or 4 bad games since coming back from injury. Two of those are fairly recent, but people are being WAY too hard on him.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
No offense to you but I’ve literally heard this exact line over the last several seasons about how the Pens “dominated” that game and they would “win it 9/10 times they played it, but yet they keep losing these games over and over again...

What games have they really played 60 minutes and dominated with almost 2-1 shot differential anytime recently?

Don’t worry I’m not offended :)

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Murray has had 1 bad start in his career in the second start of back to back games, it was a game against Winnipeg last year where he gave up 4 goals on 9 shots. Outside of that, he stopped 28 of 30 shots on April 3rd, 2016 and 28 of 31 shots on April 1st, 2018. This is only his 4th back to back starts in his career.

He doesn't have much of a sample size either against Montreal (only 3 games as well) or in the 2nd of back to back games. To me, this is just playing your starting goalie in a must-win game.
That's weird, I would have sworn he had several bad games.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's weird, I would have sworn he had several bad games.

He went in on some back to backs after the starter of the 2nd game got pulled, but I wasn't including those games. He got fried by the Hawks in the 2nd game last year after Niemi got pulled, but I have a really tough time criticizing him for giving up 6 goals in 51 minutes after Niemi gave up 4 goals in 9 minutes. I was only looking at games he started back to back, which are very few.

I think it's mostly because half of his career was when Fleury was on the team, so they'd never play Murray in back to back games with a healthy Fleury. The only back to back games he played in were either when they had an absolutely atrocious backup or when they were in the playoff hunt.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Well that is...why. I really like how McCann has done with the Penguins, but I just don't get it. I thought he complemented Bjugstad extremely well, and Guentzel on RW has never worked that well.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He went in on some back to backs after the starter of the 2nd game got pulled, but I wasn't including those games. He got fried by the Hawks in the 2nd game last year after Niemi got pulled, but I have a really tough time criticizing him for giving up 6 goals in 51 minutes after Niemi gave up 4 goals in 9 minutes. I was only looking at games he started back to back, which are very few.
Yeah, I wouldn't count coming in in relief either.

Especially that Hawks game. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad