GDT: #65 - Penguins @ Habs 19:00 - I've Got A Cold Edition

Do The Pens Win Tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Will they though? Montreal's better than Buffalo.

The scoreboard didn’t tell the story of the game last night. The Pens hustle was there. They had a lot of bounces in the offensive zone and just missed scoring several times.

They win that game 9/10 times playing against Buffalo like that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The scoreboard didn’t tell the story of the game last night. The Pens hustle was there. They had a lot of bounces in the offensive zone and just missed scoring several times.

Right, but they're not playing Buffalo tonight.

We'll see. Too many points slipping through their fingers lately. They're finding ways to lose.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Right, but they're not playing Buffalo tonight.

We'll see. Too many points slipping through their fingers lately. They're finding ways to lose.

Read what I wrote :)

Agree with you about finding ways to lose.

At least Horny got a goal last night. He usually scores in bunches. Phil looked way more electric last night. If Phil, Horny, and Murray ever get going this is a scary team. We’ve been shitting games away just being the Crosby and Letang show all season.

Reactions: BHD

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Yohe's just prepping for the "why is Murray's mental game so poor, the fact that everyone loudly criticizes him no matter what shouldn't affect things" piece he's going to write in a few weeks.

Reactions: Jacob

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA

No offense to you but I’ve literally heard this exact line over the last several seasons about how the Pens “dominated” that game and they would “win it 9/10 times they played it, but yet they keep losing these games over and over again...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You’d almost think that DeSmith has been something other than a dumpster fire the last two months the way Yohe acts.

I think the problem is that Yohe is just playing to his idiot base that follows him. It's what makes him a bad beat reporter. The best beat reporters just report the facts, don't play to a base and don't let their opinion be blatantly obvious. It's what makes McKenzie so good on a national level and Bombulie so good on a local level. Yohe's just bad at that when he's not being a mouthpiece for the organization.

Pittsburgh only has like 3 good hockey media members, it's Jesse, Bombulie and Madden. I know that last one will raise some eyebrows, but he knows the game well and doesn't play to any base. You have to at least respect that, even if he's an absolute egomaniac.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I have a cold as well :(

Cold medication makes it at least 50% more bearable, but I don't believe I've ever sneezed this much over the last 3 days. I have mild whiplash from it (wish I was exaggerating).

Reactions: Clare2904

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
It's probably not time to relax, to be fair. But there is a happy medium. We are in the playoffs right now to be fair. There is no sugar coating it.

Even though we are tied with Columbus in points, they have 3 more wins and hold the 8th right now. We are 9th

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Yeah what is up with the local media dumping on Murray any chance they get?

This is the same group of people that were falling on their knees to praise Yinzer Jesus MAF all the time.

Guess Murray doesn’t smile enough.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The problem with including Madden in the discussion of good, knowledgeable guys is that he willfully plays down to a dumb, shock-value level way too frequently. Sure, he's been around a lot and knows a good bit, but when he's purposely trying to rile people up for ratings or to get his name trending because of some controversial thing he said, it sorta negates any knowledgeable stuff he brings to the table.

Jesse and Gretz are the only two guys I really put faith into when it comes to Pittsburgh sports guys. When they talk, I listen. Everyone else is dramatically worse, in my opinion.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The problem with including Madden in the discussion of good, knowledgeable guys is that he willfully plays down to a dumb, shock-value level way too frequently. Sure, he's been around a lot and knows a good bit, but when he's purposely trying to rile people up for ratings or to get his name trending because of some controversial thing he said, it sorta negates any knowledgeable stuff he brings to the table.

Yeah, I can see this. I can definitely see why other people wouldn't think Madden is a good writer, that's a perfectly legitimate thing to point out. Trying to piss people off is probably just as bad, if not worse, than just trying to play to a base.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Have I ever said how much I hate Yohe when he's not just being a mouthpiece for the organization? The Pittsburgh media encourages the ignorant yinzers to start screeching, it's absolute insanity.

I'm starting to wonder if your related to Murray, you literally defend him all the time no matter what.

I like that he made his opinion known on the starter before the game.

Don't tell me after the game if Murray plays poorly that Sully made the wrong call when its obvious at that point.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm starting to wonder if your related to Murray, you literally defend him all the time no matter what.

I like that he made his opinion known on the starter before the game.

Don't tell me after the game if Murray plays poorly that Sully made the wrong call when its obvious at that point.

Maybe because a majority of the stuff said about Murray by Penguins fans is "smash my head against a wall" level of stupid? There's a thought. The vast majority of criticisms about Murray are absolutely absurd and just comes from Penguins fans being way overcritical of goalies.

Yohe is a beat writer, his job is to report the facts. I don't care what his opinion is, especially when he has a serious problem of pandering to idiot yinzers.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I have a cold as well :(

Cold medication makes it at least 50% more bearable, but I don't believe I've ever sneezed this much over the last 3 days. I have mild whiplash from it (wish I was exaggerating).
My nose is blocked and throat sore. Beer is keeping it lubricated right now.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I was very good in the pub too, had veggies and dip, I resisted the cheesecake. That means popcorn and beer during the game :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Edmonton did the Pens a favor this afternoon. Now let's see if the Pens can do themselves a favor tonight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Be careful, you peeps with a cold, that you don't have the flu. Flu is running wild all over. Just be careful! See a doctor if it persists.

Reactions: Clare2904

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Be careful, you peeps with a cold, that you don't have the flu. Flu is running wild all over. Just be careful! See a doctor if it persists.
Nah, this is a cold. If I had flu I would be in bed. It always starts in the small of my back and works it's way up. My whole body aches with flu and I'm literally dead in bed.

But thank you for your concern :heart:

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad