Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 6 at Devils 3, Friday, Mar. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Schneider with that .783 save %. Thank you, Schneider.

Somehow the Flyers were credited with only 4 total turnovers as a team. LMAO.

That seems suspiciously low since I am pretty sure they had at least 4 turnovers just on the 5 min PP they had in the first.

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
I wish TK and Patty had done this to the Devils bench after the empty net goal.
giphy.gif

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I'm not saying Hartman is a better player than Simmonds but he is a way better 5 on 5 player with a trickle down effect on the 4th line.

I'm not necessarily saying Hartman is better than Simmonds (yet) either, but I've seen him do a few things in his first three games that I don't really ever remember seeing Simmonds do. I'm very pleasantly surprised so far, and look forward to him settling into being a Flyer full time next season.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Pitts and Columbus, not sure who holds the tiebreaker each with 75. Flyers with 70

With the tiebreaker being ROW, I guess 6 which is why beating these teams in regulation is so important
Ha, sorry. I missed Columbus! Math...:huh::laugh:

Reactions: BiggE

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Just finished game on DVR.

I have more thoughts or something.

Giroux pass to JVR was gross.

Hartman pass to JVR was gross.

Gabriel is a ****ing piece of **** ****face ***** ******** **** **** *****. How on earth was he NOT ejected? Just pathetic officiating. Loved that Nolan went back at him later. Also loved the TK-Patrick bromance tonight.

Talbot was fine. Rebound control questionable.

Provy and Sanheim were outstanding.

Myers and Ghost solid again.

Hagg exceptionally awful again. Honest question, has he made a defensive play all year? :laugh:

Good game, lets go eat.

It's fun trying to decipher those last 5 words :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This was an awful game by the Flyers against the NJ AHL franchise.
After 2 periods, before the big lead, Devils 60% Corsi, SCF/CA 18-12, HDCF/CA 6/2.
The worst offenders, the 3rd line and Voracek.

Flyers were outskated and outhustled, top to bottom, they played like a team that thought they could mail in this victory.
Fortunately, they made a few good plays, got a lucky goal, and Schneider melted down in the 3rd period.

You can trash Hagg for his overall play, but those goals were bad rebound control by Talbot, but given his long layoff, hard to get down on the guy in light of otherwise solid play.

Myers looked better this game, but he should, he's used to playing AHL caliber talent.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This was an awful game by the Flyers against the NJ AHL franchise.
After 2 periods, before the big lead, Devils 60% Corsi, SCF/CA 18-12, HDCF/CA 6/2.
The worst offenders, the 3rd line and Voracek.

Flyers were outskated and outhustled, top to bottom, they played like a team that thought they could mail in this victory.
Fortunately, they made a few good plays, got a lucky goal, and Schneider melted down in the 3rd period.

You can trash Hagg for his overall play, but those goals were bad rebound control by Talbot, but given his long layoff, hard to get down on the guy in light of otherwise solid play.

Myers looked better this game, but he should, he's used to playing AHL caliber talent.

Why, it's almost like one team had played the night before and the other hadn't.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

Lovely. Nolan channeling Gordie Howe. For you kids out there, that's how Mr. Hockey shrugged off yappy rookies.

I do wholeheartedly love the Debbies fans getting all bent about Patrick giving it right back to that scrub, and the only comeback is that Nico is worlds better than Nolan, well first off the Devils franchise is a joke even when they were winning cups they could barely maintain sell-outs, AND I never ever want to hear about any questionable hits when that franchise endears Stevens who basically ended Lindros’s career on a dirty hit even for back then, so f*** the Debbies, f*** Stevens, f*** their fans, f*** Gabriel

I digress

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And he's a smart kid, took the number, bides his time, and made his move when a penalty wouldn't hurt his team.
One problem with Simmonds was his lack of self-control, he'd have gotten a game misconduct reacting immediately, taken away the five minute major and so on.

In a couple years, as Patrick fills out like Lindblom has, no one is going to mess with him, he's got the frame to add a lot of strength.

Reactions: Foggy14

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Just had a chance to catch last night's game.

Yeah, New Jersey was depleted, but we’ve lost to depleted teams before.

I thought the NHL was going to get hits like Gabriel’s on Patrick out of the game. But the refs let Gabriel remain in the game. What's it gonna take, a broken neck? Crazy.

Uncle Gary, while you're at it, you might want to fix the "games are worth two points, except when they're worth three" nonsense.

Really wish Hägg had covered his man on Jersey's first goal instead of puck watching. Really wish he had taken down Gabriel instead of leaving it to TK. Jeez.

Hartman's pass sure was pretty.

Heady move by Provy going deep for the deflection. And I loved G covering Provy’s left point and Sandy moving along the line to make sure his shot/pass wasn’t blocked. Great stuff.

It’s fun to watch Myers’ big, long strides exiting the zone.

1128324950_slide.jpg

Sure wish Laughton scored on more of the high danger scoring chances he generates.

Liked that JvR was unselfish on TK’s empty-netter.

The Dev’s red and green kit is so ugly it’s good.

Some negative comments on Gordo’s suit, but it was fine. Very classic.

But who wants to wear a nice suit behind a hockey bench? When the Flyers name me as their permanent head coach, I'm going full Tortsie-Belichick :D

iu

iu

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->