Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 6 at Devils 3, Friday, Mar. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
LOL at Patrick's response to a reporter's question about his waiting until the 3rd and a 5-2 lead to retaliate. Deadpanned, "I'm not sure I understand your question." I had a feeling he might answer it that way. Beautiful.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

tenor.gif

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Nahhh.

1 is a trash AHL plug, once suspended for attacking a player after a game, who started it by committing a god awful boarding. The other is a #2 overall young talent who got his sweet payback by just interfering with the plug and hitting through his body, and the poor plug got upset.

Proud of my boy. Hynes needs to grow thicker, tanner skin.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I didn't watch a game because I must wake up now already (4h AM here).

That pass from Hartman, wooooooooooooooooooooooo! Congrats boy to first point in Flyers uniform!
Giroux with great pass from HIS position on PP? WHAT A SURPRIIIIIIIISE. Woooooooooo!
Pigeon! What a hands! What a scorer! Woooooo!
Konecny and Patrick must be a Flyers forever! They are great teammates, they are great players! Woooooooooo!
Rooney, great own goal! Hahaha
Talbot with W in his first start, good for him. Congrats!

And of course. ROBERT HAGG. :laugh::laugh: Absolutely out of his position in TWO GOALS AGAINST. OF COURSE. WHAT A SURPRIIIIISE. (But still +1 somehow, LOL).

And Gordon, big plus for you! Myers IN, AMac out. RIGHT CHOICE!!! Woooooo!

PROVY, GHOST, SANHEIM, MYERS with TOP4 minutes overally among Ds! There is hope! Now only sit Hagg instead Morin! Keep that way!

LET'S GO FLYERS!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Wasn't watching this one too closely with friends and drinks around, but you gotta love Myers. He was much less...frantic looking out there. His skating is something to behold and I noticed more good stick work with that long reach.

Sanheim has great offensive vision and does a great job of getting tippable shots through like Pronger. The Provorov goal was something, hoooobaby.

Talbot was fine. I gave him shit but he hadn't played in a hot minute and saved some asses on that terrible major PP. Props too him, poor rebounds notwithstanding.

It was shaky for the first half of the 1st period and the first 5 mins of the 2nd, but they went out and beat a team they should have beat. Nothing to get too excited about, it's like Varsity beating JV in a tune up game.

Speaking of JV, JVR was worth the cash tonight. Quietest 20 goal scorer in recent memory (ok, 19...).

f*** this joke of an organization. Empty seats match well with the players' empty skulls. These goons in the AHL bringing their shit to the NHL is everything but a shocker. Love seeing Patrick get his payback. Love seeing the Devils and their bowling pin coach cry about it. They can all f*** themselves.

EDIT: oh, and Hagg sucks, and anyone that doesn't think so is a joke. He had a big hand in 2 goals against tonight with poor coverage

oKo4TkW.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Nahhh.

1 is a trash AHL plug, once suspended for attacking a player after a game, who started it by committing a god awful boarding. The other is a #2 overall young talent who got his sweet payback by just interfering with the plug and hitting through his body, and the poor plug got upset.

Proud of my boy. Hynes needs to grow thicker, tanner skin.
Oh no no no

I meant one cheap hit matches another cheap hit. Boo hoo. Love to see Patrick get sweet payback, believe me

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Raffl had a tremendous game and will be totally underrated again.

I'm glad they didn't trade Raffl at the deadline. When he gets pushed down to the 4th line by more skilled players it means your team is pretty good. Hopefully next season he's part of a really good 4th line.

I'm not saying Hartman is a better player than Simmonds but he is a way better 5 on 5 player with a trickle down effect on the 4th line.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just finished game on DVR.

I have more thoughts or something.

Giroux pass to JVR was gross.

Hartman pass to JVR was gross.

Gabriel is a f***ing piece of shit f***face p***y dickhead :eek::eek::eek::eek: f*** bitch. How on earth was he NOT ejected? Just pathetic officiating. Loved that Nolan went back at him later. Also loved the TK-Patrick bromance tonight.

Talbot was fine. Rebound control questionable.

Provy and Sanheim were outstanding.

Myers and Ghost solid again.

Hagg exceptionally awful again. Honest question, has he made a defensive play all year? :laugh:

Good game, lets go eat.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I swore that the 4th line and Ghost-Myers were stapled together.

Well, 8 minutes with Knight. 5 minutes with Giroux.....and Couturier......combined.

Hagg-Gudas saw 2 minutes with the AHL line. What a ****ing misuse of talent. You expect our 2nd best pair and best offensive d-man to create anything with no talent low event AHLers? It's moronic. Reminds me of Sanheim being stapled to the bottom 6 under Hakstol. Lo and behold.
When you have a terrible 4th line and a terrible 3rd pair, it is better for the team if they're not often on the ice together, IMO.

Sucks for the top 9 who get stuck with Hagg-Gudas and sucks for Ghost-Myers to be stuck to the 4th line, but it's significantly better for everyone as a whole than 8-10 minutes of the 4th line with the 3rd pair.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It's just shitty when Ghost and Myers are out there and they're not going to get any help from the forwards when they're in the O-zone.

Hartman's play was a beauty. I think JVR-Frost-Hartman can 100% be a solid third line, Hartman adds so much more there than Simmonds, and Frost is a better offensive player than Laughton.

Always good to beat the crap out of the Devils, f*** that franchise forever.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Tampa has been rotating 5 defensemen all season. It's 3 old guys and two kids. I think it makes a lot of sense. Of course most teams don't have 7 good D like Tampa. Seems like Coburn and Girardi have been somewhat rejuvenated.

Would like to see the Flyers rotate in Morin for the rest of the season and get him into 9-10 games.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Just started watching the game and I now can say I fully support the long delay before Talbot's first start so that he could have a Flyers-themed mask ready to go for his debut.

I was not looking forward to watching that ugly blue-orange combo in a Flyers net.

Edit: jesus, that hit on NP was extremely dirty. And then Talbot stops a breakaway... nice.

Edit 2: nice backcheck by JVR on the PP after Jake was easily beaten at the line. I suspect that JVR was motivated after his poor OT yesterday. Overall, a pretty terrible PP for 5 minutes.

Edit 3: sick feed from G to JVR for goal #1.

Edit 4: damn, what a pass from Hartman to JVR for goal #2.

Edit 5: the first period was pretty good, but the Flyers were completely flat to start the second. Poor, but somewhat unlucky rebound by Talbot for New Jersey's first goal.

Edit 6: similar issue for Talbot on New Jersey's second goal... hmm.

Edit 7: Lolz at Laughts on that shorthanded chance.

Edit 8: double Lolz at the TK goal. Nice end to an awful period.

Edit 9: wow, Schneider sucks now. What a terrible goal for Couts. :laugh:

Edit 10: nice goal for Provy. Smart shot by Trav.

Edit 11: this Gabriel guy is a clown. Ooh... don't like that play by NP on Gabriel, though.

Edit 12: Oskar the cursed piano man.

Edit 13: don't like seeing NP get shots to the head... he brought this one on himself a bit, though.

Edit 14: did not like how the Flyers played after scoring the sixth. Poor coverage by Hagg on New Jersey's third.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->