GDT: [#65] Dallas Stars @ St Louis Blues, 7:00 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
That's a terrible argument. If anybody capitalized during OT we wouldn't have had to figure out our shooting trio in the first place.

So the appropriate argument is to solely blame the final shooter in the shootout when they don't capitalize to extend the game.

Got it.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
It’s only one point anyways going into the shootout so why wouldn’t you give your hot players the chance?

Seguin I get but after that... Pavelski and Radulov? Gurianov (of course) along with Dickinson, Hintz or even Perry had played a better game.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seguin and Pavelski scored on pretty much all their shootout attemps this year. They make sense. Rads on the other hand to me was questionable. His % isn't that great and he had an awful awful game and was benched for it late in the game and in OT . Thats just not a good idea to let him shoot after that.

Think this was the first shootout under Bowness so i'm not going to be too critical. Rads wasn't a wierd choice i just didn't think he was the right choice for this particular game.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So the appropriate argument is to solely blame the final shooter in the shootout when they don't capitalize to extend the game.

Got it.
I don’t see anyone blaming Radulov. The complaint is that he was chosen to shoot. You can continue to disagree with that if you want but no one is putting the loss solely on Radulov’s shoulders.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In my highly unscientific memory/opinion all 3 Stars shooters seemed to be very slow, and I believe skating in faster gives the goalie less time to react, and generally goes better. But, just MHO.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Then where was this mentality when Gurianov needed to build his confidence?

Monty was still the coach back then and he played Dowling on the 2nd PP during that time who only got like in 3 games since Bowness took over ( might be even less ).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Monty was still the coach back then and he played Dowling on the 2nd PP during that time who only got like in 3 games since Bowness took over ( might be even less ).

Hasn’t Bowness benched Gurianov for a mistake or two, though?

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Not really as far as i remember . Most games where his minutes are really low are those when the Stars take a metric ton of idiotic penalties.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not really as far as i remember . Most games where his minutes are really low are those when the Stars take a metric ton of idiotic penalties.

He has several times, mostly in january and december though when we had one goal leads and it was the 3rd period. Can't recall him doing it at all in february. There were also times i believe that he didn't let Gurianov play in OT but idk if that really counts as benching or what

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He has several times, mostly in january and december though when we had one goal leads and it was the 3rd period. Can't recall him doing it at all in february. There were also times that he didn't let Gurianov play in OT but idk if that really counts as benching or what

Only thing that really happens these days is that one of Hintz or Gurianov gets switched out for a defensive faceoff for Faksa or Seguin because otherwise that line just loses faceoffs cleanly too often which usually leads to set plays and opposing teams scoring chances.

Last edited:

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Then where was this mentality when Gurianov needed to build his confidence?

Radulov is not a rookie in the NHL and refind is game will help the stars a lot going forward in the playoff.. Thats why I think Bowness give him the chance to score in a shutout to gain a bit of confidence. Gurianov was trying to make the club back then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->