GDT: [#65] Dallas Stars @ St Louis Blues, 7:00 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Of active NHLers

Seguin 3rd in SO%
Pavelski 38th in SO%
Radulov 40th in SO%

Top three on the team.

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
I think people are more mad at Bowness than Radulov. I know I am.

Seguin is 50% in the shootout, no one is going to question that. I was shocked to see Radulov out there with the way he’s been playing. There were multiple better options.
Pavelski has been scoring a lot too lately. Those two, regardless the quality of their attempts were pretty reasonable choices. Radulov, not so much...

Reactions: Kipper 17

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Another loss to St. Louis. Going to be pretty much impossible to beat them in the playoffs.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sure but you shouldn’t just ignore how bad a player has been recently when choosing shooters. Obviously you don’t agree with that though.

Not really because play during regulation time and a shootout attempt is a completely different beast.

Also, forcing Radulov to play with Pavelski and Janmark I'm not going to judge his play, those are not two compatible line mates, but it's the only option right now.

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
Of active NHLers

Seguin 3rd in SO%
Pavelski 38th in SO%
Radulov 40th in SO%

Top three on the team.
But how many attempts do our young guns like Gurianov or Hintz have in their careers? That's right, they are not veterans unlike the players you just mentioned.

Based on recent games there's no f***ing way Radulov should be our guy with the game on the line.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
But how many attempts do our young guns like Gurianov or Hintz have in their careers? That's right, they are not veterans unlike the players you just mentioned.

Based on recent games there's no f***ing way Radulov should be our guy with the game on the line.

How many shifts in OT did Hintz and Gurianov need to score? Game was on the line then and they didn't capitalize.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Well whatever. I get the reasoning even though i don't agree with it here.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
Another loss to St. Louis. Going to be pretty much impossible to beat them in the playoffs.

But Jim Nill likes where the team is at. I assume he likes losing to St.Louis and not making it past the second round of the playoffs. St.louis won the cup last year and still did trades after. Faulk was just before the season started. For Nill to not change this team, means this team will not be successful at all.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Skills contest getting way over analysed.

The game was basically a tie. Great effort given we looked gassed after a heavy month.

Glad there is 2 days off before the edmonton tilt.

It looks like we are pretty much locked into being C3 in the playoffs and will get the loser of the Blues/Avs arms race for the west 1 seed.

Still alot to play out, but will be interesting to see if with a few games to go, if we cant really move from 3rd, do we rest players? knowing both st louis and colorado will have to play hard all the way to 82 to chase the 1...looking pretty far ahead but we could potentially be a team with fresh legs for the start of the playoffs with the buffer we have from 4th in the central, and probably too far away from 2nd (or 1st)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way Gurianov played 23 shifts this game and only ended up with 13:30 ish of icetime . Part of this has to be on him . He's playing alot of shifts just very short shifts.

Radulov only played 14 shifts but ended up with 15:52 . Most of that is because he was out there on the ice for that awful 5 minute defensive shift with 2 icings . Don't think after that shift he played much anymore if at all.

Think Comeau was the 6th skater with the Seguin unit and Benn or Seguin the one with the Hintz unit .

Reactions: FromChaos22

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
I have only watched a handful of games this season, but I noticed a few things and wonder if it is a regular occurence.

First, too often in the offensive zone we are looking for a (I guess) perfect chance instead of shooting the puck. Even if we have extended time in the offensive zone, players rarely shoot the puck and instead cycle. And more often than not lose the puck without a shot on goal. Maybe they are looking for a high dangerous chances, but I wonder if our offense could get better by simply shooting the puck more often.

Second, I think Gurianov ice time is also on the player. He just goes to the bench too early on many, many occasions, comparing with his linemates. It is really ridiculous.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Are we really complaining about a player taking to short of shifts ?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
By the way Gurianov played 23 shifts this game and only ended up with 13:30 ish of icetime . Part of this has to be on him . He's playing alot of shifts just very short shifts.

Radulov only played 14 shifts but ended up with 15:52 . Most of that is because he was out there on the ice for that awful 5 minute defensive shift with 2 icings . Don't think after that shift he played much anymore if at all.

Think Comeau was the 6th skater with the Seguin unit and Benn or Seguin the one with the Hintz unit .

This is completely unacceptable by Radulov. Something like that would get 99% of hockey players at every level benched.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is completely unacceptable by Radulov. Something like that would get 99% of hockey players at every level benched.

I think he was benched after that 5 minute shift for the rest of the regular game . Which is why i wouldn't have had him shoot in the shootout.

Reactions: LatvianTwist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->