OT: 63rd Obsequious Banter Thread: I Wish Lappy Was Gone 63 Days Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Got my knee strength tested yesterday and I needed 80% to start the On-Ice Return-to-Hockey program and got 81%. Im thrilled, i haven't been on the ice since December and i've been going crazy not playing.

Unfortunately I can't hit the ice just yet. They have a whole running program that i have to hit some milestones on before i can skate. Alternating a .1 mile walk and .4 mile jog for two miles total. Light at the end of the tunnel!

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I know a large portion of us don't go to the main boards, but I saw this while I was going to another forum.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/saying-farewell-to-fugu.2542805/#post-149646385

So sad. Fugu is an amazing person. HFBoards would not be the same without all of her hard work throughout the years.
I'm too new to have known her but it sounds like she was as close to a saint on these forums as they could ever have. I am very sorry for those of you who are losing such a beloved person.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
My dad has a cancerous mass on his kidney and he's getting it removed today at upenn. My mom has had stage 4 cancer and has been battling for the last few years. Cancer sucks.
My dad died from kidney cancer at 40 because he never properly got checked out until it was time to need chemo and he didn't want to go through that suffering. On the other hand my stepdad actually goes to the doctor too much and they caught the very beginnings of prostate cancer and nipped it right in the bud. Best wishes for your family and their fight against the Big C.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
My dad died from kidney cancer at 40 because he never properly got checked out until it was time to need chemo and he didn't want to go through that suffering. On the other hand my stepdad actually goes to the doctor too much and they caught the very beginnings of prostate cancer and nipped it right in the bud. Best wishes for your family and their fight against the Big C.
Sorry to hear about your dad, my dad found out about the kidney cancer after going into the hospital for a heart issue. He has AFIB and they want to put a stent and pacemaker in. While checking him out for the heart issues they found the kidney issue. They are doing a robotic removal of the mass but its apparently on an artery where it connects to the kidney. Once his kidney issue is resolved they want to do the stent.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Sorry to hear about your dad, my dad found out about the kidney cancer after going into the hospital for a heart issue. He has AFIB and they want to put a stent and pacemaker in. While checking him out for the heart issues they found the kidney issue. They are doing a robotic removal of the mass but its apparently on an aorta where it connects to the kidney. Once his kidney issue is resolved they want to do the stent.
That sounds like an extra delicate procedure! I really hope it all goes well.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

sorry about losing your dad, I lost my dad at a young age as well. My grandfather went thru colon cancer. thankfully they caught in time and he was cancer free for the last 20 years of his life. Your PCP should be recommending the proper screening. I went thru all that fun with a colonoscopy last year. I am good for the next 10 years.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My mother had it 2x....most recently this past year. It was 18 years in between. Both times in stage 1. I fear if it ever comes back....we won't be as lucky. The side effects of her treatments with drugs will now probably take their toll.....it sucks.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
If anyone is interested, Ghost (the band) will be performing at Tower Theater in December. First heard about them here, because of our Ghost (Gostisbehere, learned to spell it just because).

To everyone else in their, and loved ones, fights with maladies, best of luck and let comfort come quickly.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Damn Rush Hour turned 20 yesterday.

giphy.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I watched the "Mecha Streisand" episode of South Park today. It was the one that made me fall in love with the show permanently. That was 21 years ago. It's way older than Striiker.
I love South Park, but honestly I don’t like the old episodes.

It seems like there was a point when the quality (both audio and visual) upgraded and the humor did too. And I don’t mean the last couple of years, I mean many many seasons ago, but I can tell if the episode is one of the “newer” set I’m talking about just by watching it for like 10 seconds.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love South Park, but honestly I don’t like the old episodes.

It seems like there was a point when the quality (both audio and visual) upgraded and the humor did too. And I don’t mean the last couple of years, I mean many many seasons ago, but I can tell if the episode is one of the “newer” set I’m talking about just by watching it for like 10 seconds.

The early days that leaned heavily on shock value don't age well, because...well, the shock isn't there anymore. Nobody was doing anything like Starvin Marvin or The Christmas Poo at the time, and it was f***ing hilarious regardless of age. The show has become a lot smarter over the years, and can be absolutely top notch satire.

As far SP episodes go, I'm not sure what my favorite is, but I have never laughed at anything as hard as I laughed at the ending of "Free Willzyx." I almost passed out.

And "Bono is a turd" is one of the best shaggy dog jokes ever.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yes. I laughed hard at the absurdity.of the rocket taking off. But nothing prepared me for that silent shot following the hopeful speech about Willzyx dancing with his fellow whales. I'm laughing just thinking about it

I legit could have died about three dozen times from things that they have done on there, including that one, but usually involving Randy. The songs are the worst, though - I can't even ****ing breathe half the time :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I legit could have died about three dozen times from things that they have done on there, including that one, but usually involving Randy. The songs are the worst, though - I can't even ****ing breathe half the time :laugh:

Randy episodes are always amazing.

The sprawling epics of imaginationland and Cartman seeking a Wii may be the peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad